We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need hotel suggestion for Flagstaff near Amtrak

Which Flagstaff hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
94 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Need hotel suggestion for Flagstaff near Amtrak

I am a senior citizen women arriving on Amtrak at 9:40 at night. Now, I take the train a lot and it is usually late. I want to spend a night in Flagstaff before catching a Greyhound to visit my sister in Phoenix.

Are there generally cabs waiting at the train station? Is there a safe hotel/motel within walking distance (half a mile) in case there are not cabs. Also, the hotel has to allow me to check in anytime, in case the train is an hour, two hours, or who knows, even three hours late!

Thanks!!!

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,236 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need hotel suggestion for Flagstaff near Amtrak

Hello from England. We were in Flagstaff a couple of years ago and it seemd a really nice town,

The Moon Handbook suggests two historic downtown hotels within walking distance of the station:

1) The Weatherford, 23 N. Leroux St www.weatherfordhotel.com

2) The Monte Vista, 100 N San Fransisco St www.hotelmontevista.com

Both seem to be aimed at the budget end of the market but most of the motels (if not all) are on the outskirts of town.

Frommers suggest a lovely sounding B&B called The Inn At 410, 410 N. Leroux Street but it's not cheap.

Good luck and do let me know how you get on.

Adam C

2. Re: Need hotel suggestion for Flagstaff near Amtrak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 20:42
my house
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Need hotel suggestion for Flagstaff near Amtrak

Hi there,

Yes, there are usually taxi cabs waiting for you when the train arrives, When my family stayed there we too came in on Amtrack. When we arrived, we called our hotel (InnSuites) and let them know that we had just arrived. It was about 2:00 am and the train was about five hours late. Not only were the staff at the hotel very friendly, but they covered the cost of the taxi to and from the hotel. When we arrived at the hotel the rooms were great, no problems checking in or out, it was just a great experience. Hope you have fun while you're there!