We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

temperatures forcast in your area

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
328 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
temperatures forcast in your area

Hello,

we planned a nice trip in Flagstaff area during Spring Break, the grand canyon especially

last night we heard about the snow storms and the blocked roads in your area.

can you please kindly advise what are the temperature predictions for mid April? we are quite worried that this destination is problematic on that dates

thank you so much in advance

Tal

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
63,504 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: temperatures forcast in your area

No way to predict mid April conditions right now. You are reading about what some are calling an all time big storm. Don't plan on lousy weather. Expect it to be fair. Regardless, I can assure you that no one who is at the Grand Canyon right now is regretting being there. But jacket and fleece sales are probably booming.

West Yellowstone...
Destination Expert
for Flagstaff, West Yellowstone
Level Contributor
2,391 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: temperatures forcast in your area

When I first moved to Flagstaff, a long-term resident told me "It always snows the week of Easter". And it's always held true. Every year. But usually it's just a dusting.

Although statistically-speaking, March is the heaviest snow-fall month in Flagstaff, it usually comes and goes quickly. This storm is outside the norm for this time of year.

It is impossible to predict what the weather will be like a month from now. However, I can say what the norm is-

Pack layers and bring a light jacket. Hats, gloves, heavy coats are usually not necessary in April. Rain and snow are fairly rare (with the exception of that Easter week snowfall which generally melts within hours).

I hope that you will keep your plans in place and continue to look forward to your visit.

3. Re: temperatures forcast in your area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 04:17