We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monte Vista

Which Flagstaff hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
497 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Monte Vista

Is it worth staying there? I got a room with two rooms in it for 135$ in August. Is it better to stay at one of the motel chains? I've heard it's a charming hotel but it has some bad reviews and I don't know if I'll be able to stand the noise of the trains....

Thanks!

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monte Vista

I haven't been in since the remodle but its very convenient. You can walk to everything downtown. I'vve been in the lobby and the coffee shop but never stayed. You are only a couple of blocks away from the train. So I don' know how noisy it is I know they are in the process of quieting the trains as they go past and some are respecting the request. Hopefully others will post for you who have stayed.

Flagstaff, Arizona
Level Contributor
119 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monte Vista

It's old. (And haunted! - which is kind of fun) If you want "charm" without nice carpets and newer furniture it's an option.Personally, If you have a car I'd recommend going elsewhere.

The train horn project won't be in place for a while. I work downtown and we hear the train horns all day.

Perhaps the Radisson or Little America for a full service hotel. Or the Fairfield Inn or Hilton Garden Inn for a basic no frills (but clean and safe) hotel.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
497 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Monte Vista

It's a hard decission, the Hilton looks quite nice for about the same price as the Montevista and that's not near the train tracks? But is it close enough to drive to the center of Flagstaff to get something to eat?

Thanks!

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Monte Vista

The monte vista is 3 blocks from the trains tracks. downtown The Hilton is by the WalMart on the West end of Flagstaff. Just found this awesome web page check it out for a map of Flagstaff.

http://www.flagmap.com/content/view/16/98/

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
497 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Monte Vista

That's a cool map of Flagstaff, thanks a lot! I still haven't decided.....

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
497 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Monte Vista

I finally stayed at the Montevista, it was nice, we stayed at the Bob hope suite, it was clean but of course looked old.

The noise from the trains didn't bother mee much even though you can hear the trains a little from the rooms

Tucson
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Monte Vista

Personally---I love the sound of the trains and would be disappointed if I didn't hear the trains. The price that you quote sounds good---we've stayed in several places around Flagstaff and that's a fair price if the room is clean. I don't know if this hotel has air conditioning or not. You don't say when you're going to be there so maybe you'll be there when you won't need the a/c.

8. Re: Monte Vista

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 06:22