We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crossing border at N.Y. on way to Cape Cod

toronto
Level Contributor
1,122 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Crossing border at N.Y. on way to Cape Cod

Coming from London area - are we best to cross at Lewiston or Buffalo on way to Cape Cod? Thx.

Buffalo
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
2,313 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crossing border at N.Y. on way to Cape Cod

I'm guessing there would be a lot less traffic at Lewiston, but perhaps someone else can give you a more definitive answer. We just came back from the Cape.

Buffalo
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
2,313 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crossing border at N.Y. on way to Cape Cod

Hey, canchick, look what I found:

www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/general/times/menu-e.html

Hope this helps...

toronto
Level Contributor
1,122 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Crossing border at N.Y. on way to Cape Cod

brilliant! Thanks a bunch. CC

Michigan
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
3,118 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Crossing border at N.Y. on way to Cape Cod

As you are driving toward Buffalo there will be a sign with a phone number to call to get the various bridge wait times. Sometimes their is an electronic billboard with the wait time at Lewiston.

BAY CITY, MI
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Crossing border at N.Y. on way to Cape Cod

i'm asking a similar question, in general, what time of day or night is the best time to cross over the lewiston bridge into the usa? - i've had long wait times my last 3 trips.

6. Re: Crossing border at N.Y. on way to Cape Cod

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 12:16