We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which bridge to Buffalo airport fastest from Canada?

Which Buffalo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hamilton
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Topic
which bridge to Buffalo airport fastest from Canada?

We are from Canada and has to fly from Buffalo Airport to catch another plane at JFK in NY.

We will be driving to park at a hotel near Buffalo airport. Of the 3 bridges- Peace at Fort Erie, Lewiston , or Rainbow , right at the Falls, which one has the shortest line up on Monday ?

Our flight from Buffalo is at 11:45 a.m.

We appreciate any help as we don't want to miss the flight from Buffalo and hence miss our NY flight to Europe.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which bridge to Buffalo airport fastest from Canada?

We used to only go on the Lewiston to travel to Buffalo but it has gotten very busy. the Rainbow Bridges has moved much faster and the linups are not as long. I can't speak for the rest of the bridges. I hope you have a good time on your trip!

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
609 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which bridge to Buffalo airport fastest from Canada?

In my opinion the Lewiston is not the best in most cases. 1800-715-6722 will give you up to date wait times by the hour. Or try this website.

www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/general/times/menu-e.html

Hamilton
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: which bridge to Buffalo airport fastest from Canada?

Thanks for the info. we will use the Rainbow Bridge.

Would you please tell us how much time( ahead of our flight at 11:30 a.m.,) do we need if we start at Toronto.? It usually takes us one and a half hour to reach Rainbow Bridge at the Canadian side. If we start driving at 7 a.m. is it enough time?

Ontario
Level Contributor
93 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which bridge to Buffalo airport fastest from Canada?

What time of year are you going?

We live in Burlington and flew out of Buffalo last February and stayed overnight at a hotel across from the airport. We are very glad we did as we had light snow the closer we got to Fort Erie and we awoke the next morning to quite a heavy snow fall. My suggestion would be to book a hotel which includes parking for the duration. It sure took the stess out of worring about rush hour traffic, bridge delays and weather. (the QEW is under construction through St.Catherines)

We found the Peace bridge at Fort Erie/Buffalo to be great. It is a very direct route and only a few minutes on the thruway to the exit for the airport, which is very well signed.

Do allow time for going through security. The lines seemed to be longer at Buffalo than the ones we have encountered at Pearson. Could just be our timing.

Hope this helps. Have a great flight! It was a pleasure to fly out of Buffalo airport.

Hamilton
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: which bridge to Buffalo airport fastest from Canada?

Thanks again for the info. We will be travelling at the beginning of May.

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
609 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: which bridge to Buffalo airport fastest from Canada?

7am sharp should be ample...6:30 if you are concerned.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
364 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: which bridge to Buffalo airport fastest from Canada?

I travel back and forth to Michigan frequently, and have used all bridges multiple times. There never was much difference, but with the increased amount of Canadian shoppers / travelers, I have found that with the exception of major holiday weekends (4th of July, Memorial Weekend, Labor Day, etc). the Peace Bridge is the least crowded and quickest. We often call the bridge info line while we're driving, just to check waits.

Hamilton
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: which bridge to Buffalo airport fastest from Canada?

Thank you. Would you please give me the bridge info phone number?

How frequently is the traffic report updated? Since we live almost 2 hours away from any border crossings( bridges) to the US. we need to call ahead of time.

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
609 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: which bridge to Buffalo airport fastest from Canada?

1800-715-6722 will give you up to date wait times by the hour. Or try this website.

www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/general/times/menu-e.html

10. Re: which bridge to Buffalo airport fastest from Canada?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 04:16