We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indian restaurant

Which Buffalo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
Level Contributor
2,104 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Indian restaurant

Can anyone recommend their favorite Indian restaurant in/near Buffalo, other than Moti Mahal? I'm looking for a change. Thanks!

New York State, USA
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
1,400 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Indian restaurant

Hi mindehankins! There are some great Indian restaurants in and around Bflo. On Elmwood Ave in the city is India Gate, very good. There's also Taste of India on Sheridan Dr. in the Northtown Plaza. If you like *all* vegetarian food, there's Palace of Dosas on Millersport Hwy right near Longmeadow and Eggert Rd. Some of their food is very plain/mild, but they give you dipping sauces to spice it up - it's really good.

Buffalo
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
2,312 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Indian restaurant

We love Indian food, and our hands-down favorite is Star of India on Delaware Avenue in Kenmore. Tuesday is buffet night. The samosas are out of this world, and they have the best chai I've ever sampled.

We also enjoy Kabab & Curry in Amherst, on Transit Road.

Ohio
Level Contributor
2,104 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Indian restaurant

Thanks folks! India Gate and Star of India are both very convenient to where my appointments are next week (Dent), so I'll hit one up Tues and one Weds!

Buffalo
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
2,312 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Indian restaurant

Let us know how you like them. I've never been to India Gate and will have to try that one myself...

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
79 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Indian restaurant

In my opinion, I have yet to find any restaurant in Buffalo who beats Tandooris on Transit (and Sheridan?).

6. Re: Indian restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 21:15