We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buffalo shopping trip

Toronto
3 posts
Save Topic
Buffalo shopping trip

Goog afternoon,

I am from Toronto and my girlfriends and I will be heading to Buffalo for a 1 day shopping trip at the end of March. In the past we have gone to the Fashion Outlet Mall in Erie and then continued on to the Walden Galleria Mall. I was wondering if there are any other malls in the vicinity worth visiting? I personally would love to visit a US H&M because I find that their sales are so much better than those offered at Canadian H&M's.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Simone

Broadway Market
Gift & Speciality Shops
Thin Ice
Gift & Speciality Shops
Talking Leaves Books
Gift & Speciality Shops
Renew Bath and Body
Gift & Speciality Shops
Buffalo
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
2,327 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buffalo shopping trip

Eastern Hills and Boulevard Mall are both pretty good, and the Boulevard Mall is near other shops on Niagara Falls Blvd. that are worth checking out -- Christmas Tree Shops and Target, for example. What are H&Ms?

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
609 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buffalo shopping trip

Not that I am a fan but many folks enjoy shopping at Kohl's...other large clothing bargians chain along the lines of an H&M...You can find locations on Niagara Falls Blvd and Transit Road.

Buffalo
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
2,327 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buffalo shopping trip

What are H&Ms?

New York State, USA
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
1,425 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buffalo shopping trip

It's not a mall, but the TJ Maxx store is very large and has some great bargains on name brands. It is located on Transit Rd in the Transitown Plaza just down the street from the Eastern Hills Mall.

Buffalo
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
2,327 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buffalo shopping trip

Ditto on TJ Maxx, and there's another one next to the Boulevard Mall, at Sheridan Drive and Niagara Falls Blvd.

Toronto
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Buffalo shopping trip

You know, H&M...it's a trendy clothing store

Toronto
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Buffalo shopping trip

My thanks to all for the feedback and suggestions!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
79 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Buffalo shopping trip

Hi, We're switching places. You're coming down from Toronto to shop this weekend and I'm going up to Toronto to shop this weekend!

Sadly, the closest H&M around here is in Rochester, which is an hour east on the i90. The closest that I can think of to H&M would be Forever 21 at the Walden Galleria, if ou don't mind shoppping with teens ;)

In Buffalo, my favorite places to shop are on the Elmwood strip and the Walden Galleria.

have fun!

050bonifacio
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Buffalo shopping trip

I'm not sure that H&M has opened around here. Others have listed TJ MAXX and Marshalls - they are comparable to Winners (but way better I think). There is a Marshalls I think near the Galleria and there's a TJ Maxx near the Blvd Mall on Niagara Falls Blvd. When you mention the "fashion outlet mall in Erie" are you talking about Grove City? There is an outlet mall in Niagara Falls as well - granted you don't have the sales tax in Erie, but the Niagara Falls outlet is a lot closer so with what you'd spend in gas to get to Erie, you might be better off shopping in the Falls. You could hit all the places around here in one day - without the drive.

Also - for unique, trendy stuff you might want to check out the Elmwood Village (Elmwood Avenue/Buffalo). It's a strip of shops etc. its pretty cool.....especially on a nice day!

10. Re: Buffalo shopping trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 05:19