We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi between Buffalo Greyhound and Depew Amtrak

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
3 posts
Save Topic
Taxi between Buffalo Greyhound and Depew Amtrak

Hi there,

I am traveling from Toronto to Chicago on June 13 and will be staying in the Windy City for a one-week vacation. I am tempted to takethe Lakeshore Limited night train. However, since I would be arriving in BUffalo at the Greyhound station, I would need to take a cab to Depew Amtrak station. Any idea how expensive it is?

New York State, USA
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi between Buffalo Greyhound and Depew Amtrak

Taxis cost $2.30 for the first 1/6 mile, and then $3.00 for each additional mile. The Amtrak station is about 10 miles from the Greyhound station, so that should cost around $33.00.

http://www.libertycab.com/rates.html

If you want to save money and don't mind the hassle and the extra time, you could catch an NFTA metro bus from Greyhound to the Buffalo Airport - it only costs $2 or $3 at the most. Then catch a taxi from the airport to the Amtrak train station. The Amtrak is less than 3 miles from the airport so a taxi would cost around $11.

Here's the website for the NFTA:

http://www.nfta.com/metro/

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi between Buffalo Greyhound and Depew Amtrak

I see. Thanks guys for the info! I think what i will do is the following. Take the Greyhound bus directly to Chicago. It takes 11 jours and costs 147 dollars canadian return tax inclusive. I love train travel but I really don't find it user friendly for this trip. To bad the Buffalo Central terminal has not been in use for ages. Also, why don't they stop at Exchange station? It would make soooo much sense.

Imagine if the Toronto-Montreal train only stopped in Dorval. It's that stupid!!!

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi between Buffalo Greyhound and Depew Amtrak

Something else i can do. Take Coach canada or Greyhound to the Airport and then take the cab to the station. But I think my Greyhound all the way via Detroit makes sense.

New York State, USA
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi between Buffalo Greyhound and Depew Amtrak

Some Amtrak trains do stop at the Exchange Street Station downtown, but I think that's out of the way for some routes...

5. Re: Taxi between Buffalo Greyhound and Depew Amtrak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 02:18