We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

were to stay for a bills game

Which Buffalo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, Ontario
Level Contributor
26 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
were to stay for a bills game

Me and the girlfriend are going to a bills game on Dec 17th and will be staying over night, any suggestions on places to stay that a clean, and resonalblly priced??? that are not to much of hike from the stadium

Thanks

Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: were to stay for a bills game

The Stadium (Ralph Wilson Stadium) is located in Orchard Park, NY which is about 30-40minutes away from the city and is pretty much in the middle of nowhere, so finding a hotel isn't the easiest thing in the world. But, it would be a good idea to stay at a motel/hotel right near the stadium, since game day traffic is INSANE down there.

One hotel/motel that a few members of my family have stayed at (And liked) is the Maple Court Motel (website: http://www.maplecourtmotel.com/). This paticular motel is located REALLY close to the stadium, and even though it's labeled as a "motel" it has a lot of stuff that most motels don't have.

Another hotel idea is the Orchard Park Inn, which is about 7 or 8 miles away from the stadium.

Wherever you end up staying, I would reccomend booking as early as possible as the motels in the area boolk up quickly for games.

Another helpful website is http://www.buffalobills.com/facility/ which gives directions to/from the stadium.

Good Luck & Have fun!

Buffalo
Level Contributor
462 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: were to stay for a bills game

I would choose to stay either downtown or by the Walden Galleria in Cheektowaga-there is a Hampton Inn in both areas and they get very good reviews on this site. If you were to stay down town there is a host of nite life that is a short cab ride from the hotel-on Chippewa street-there is every type of club and it is quite a party. Also you can catch a shuttle to the stadium from the bus terminal (about a 5 minute walk from the hotel) on game day for $7.00-it leaves around 2 hrs before the game and it is well worth the price. I am pretty sure that there is also a shuttle from the general area of the Walden Galleria. The stadium is about 15 miles from either location but the traffice gets crazy on game day and the parking isn't cheap-it may be something to look into. (www.nfta.com-click game day express ). The Galleria is a huge shopping mall with every major store you can think of-it is surrounded by tons of restaurants-that may be a choice. The Hamptons are advertising prices of about 129.00 US, but that includes breakfast.

Buffalo
Level Contributor
462 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: were to stay for a bills game

correction on that web site for the shuttle-it is www.nfta.com but then you have to click metro bus, and then the game day express-Taking the shuttle has another advantage-I posted this on another site as well-Orchard Park is in, what we call, the snow belt. It could be dry as a bone north of the stadium and 0% visibility in Orchard Park.

Let us know how you make out

Buffalo
Level Contributor
462 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: were to stay for a bills game

correction on that web site for the shuttle-it is www.nfta.com but then you have to click metro bus, and then the game day express-Taking the shuttle has another advantage-I posted this on another site as well-Orchard Park is in, what we call, the snow belt. It could be dry as a bone north of the stadium and 0% visibility in Orchard Park.

Let us know how you make out

Buffalo
Level Contributor
563 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: were to stay for a bills game

yes, check out cheektowaga, just avoid any hotel on genesee street. game day traffic is going to be a nightmare, theres no way to avoid it besides tailgate earlier and beat the crowds. orchard park isnt in the middle of nowhere, its just south of the city. cheektowaga is a first ring suburb directly in the middle of the region.

East Aurora, NY
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: were to stay for a bills game

Or try this EconoLodge in Hamburg, which is less than 3 miles from the stadium:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60974-d99524-R…

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
47 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: were to stay for a bills game

There are a few motels on Rt 20 (Southwestern) that are really close, but with construction that could be a bit dicey. Other options are the Econo Lodge off the Milestrip exit and there are a few places off the Camp Rd exit (off the 90) where you can just shoot right down 20 to the Stadium (Red Roof Inn, etc).

Either way 20 is under construction, so added with the traffic it's a bit of a nightmare. There have also been some complaints of folks waiting two hours in line to get patted down and actually into the stadium. I didn't have any problems a few weeks ago but other people at the same game did. I would reccomend getting there early. Lots at the stadium open up four hours prior to game time, and the tailgating is really a good time.

Have fun, Go Bills!