We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buffalo Wineries

Which Buffalo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
85 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Buffalo Wineries

What are some good wineries in and around Buffalo? I have seen several that are around, but which ones should I go to and which ones should I skip?

Thanks!

Buffalo, New York
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
947 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buffalo Wineries

About an hour south of Buffalo in the Chautauqua Lake Erie wine trail - there is a list of wineries -

www.chautauquawinetrail.org/

Merritt Winery has an award winning Bella Rosa wine and depending on when you are coming they have many events to attend at the winery. If you are coming in June there is a Strawberry Festival and Andre Reed from the Buffalo Bills will be there.

If you want to venture farther east there is the Finger Lakes Region

www.fingerlakeswinecountry.com/

New York has a lot of wineries and they all make some pretty good wines - Enjoy -

Buffalo
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
2,312 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buffalo Wineries

You might also head north of the border to some of the excellent wineries in Niagara-on-the-Lake in Ontario, a short drive from Buffalo. It's especially lovely this time of year.

http://www.wineriesofniagaraonthelake.com/

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Nassau
Level Contributor
4,634 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buffalo Wineries

The Niagara wineries are much closer than the Finger Lakes (within 1/2 hour to 45 minutes). There are at least 25 wineries within the region The Chateau Des Charmes is one of my favourites and is very close. It is all done up like a french chateau. The East Dell is another one of my favourites, and is probably about another 15-20 minutes down the road.

http://www.chateaudescharmes.com/

Buffalo, New York
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
947 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buffalo Wineries

If you decide to venture to Niagara on the Lake you will need a passport to cross the border and reenter the US.

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
97 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buffalo Wineries

There are also several north of Buffalo on the US side of the river. Easy to get to in 25-30 minutes from the city. I did a wine tour of them last summer and had a blast. Arrowhead, Niagara Landing & Spring Lake were nice.

The wineries on the Canadian side are definitely more established than the US ones which are newer and just starting to make a name for themselves but whichever side you choose to go along you will have fun. If you can cross the border, then go for it! The architecture at the wineries on the Canadian side is a lot of fun by itself. Plus you can get some Canadian candy and pop while there :)

If you wish to try many of the local NY wines before making the trip anywhere you should check out Chateau Buffalo on Hertel Avenue. They only carry local, NYS wines and have a lot of knowledge about what is out there worth trying. The owners are very nice and could certainly point you in the right direction.

Buffalo
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
2,312 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buffalo Wineries

Hey, sbrof, thanks for the tip about Chateau Buffalo. Never heard of it before, but we'll definitely check it out.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
85 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buffalo Wineries

Thanks, all! I will definitely look into all of these. My hubby is from there so he is familiar with the area and I can just tell him where I want to venture to. Looking forward to my trip there.

8. Re: Buffalo Wineries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2010, 05:16