We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

driving from Toronto to Buffalo, Jet Blue to Orlando

ontario
Level Contributor
94 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
driving from Toronto to Buffalo, Jet Blue to Orlando

Hello:) We are going to Disney World and have decided to fly out of Buffalo for much cheaper. Has anyone done this before? Any suggestions? TIA:)

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Nassau
Level Contributor
4,728 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: driving from Toronto to Buffalo, Jet Blue to Orlando

I gave up flying out of Toronto years ago, and fly out of Buffalo all the time (although not to Orlando). It's a much more civilized airport. Not only is it cheaper, but getting in, through, and out of the airport is so much less a hassle than YYZ, and no customs to deal with. Also, with less air traffic, the length of time from gate to runway to airborne is dramatically reduced.

If you have an early flight, you might want to consider arriving the night before and staying in one of the nearby hotels. Most of them have a deal where if you stay the night, you can park your car for up to 2 weeks, and they shuttle you to and from the airport. It's really a great deal. Check out www.parksleepflyhotels.com

New York State, USA
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: driving from Toronto to Buffalo, Jet Blue to Orlando

Hi luwebby, I have nothing to add except to say that Tutman has your back!

-Dee

mississauga
Level Contributor
33 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: driving from Toronto to Buffalo, Jet Blue to Orlando

I am off to Orlando out of Buffalo too and was wondering what is the best parking option. We were first considering the hotel option but now our departure time is 3pm so we decided to drive down for lunch then head for the airport . Our trip is in Feb. for two weeks so it might snow a little (ha ha). Is there a place that's safe and that will have our car warm, clean and ready to drive when we return.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Nassau
Level Contributor
4,728 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: driving from Toronto to Buffalo, Jet Blue to Orlando

Offsite parking, just accross from the airport

aboutairportparking.com/sunpark-buf-airport-…

Edited: 10 November 2010, 04:09
Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
416 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: driving from Toronto to Buffalo, Jet Blue to Orlando

I used to drive to Buffalo from Rochester, NY because of the better fares. I only do it in the nice seasons now, though. Got caught in a couple of "Lake Effect" blizzards that made the trip just terrible. Don't know if this would be a consideration on the drive up to Toronto.

Lynn in Rochester, NY

Buffalo, New York
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: driving from Toronto to Buffalo, Jet Blue to Orlando

airport valet parking is great. i've been using them for about two years now. their service is great & they have pretty competitive rates. i've never had a problem, and they get you in and out quick. they're right across the street from the buffalo niagara int'l airport. probably the best thing of all is that it's valet parking...you don't have to wait around in the cold for a shuttle :)

this is their website: www.buffaloavp.com

7. Re: driving from Toronto to Buffalo, Jet Blue to Orlando

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2011, 06:15