We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation between Niagara INT'l airport to Depew AmTrak

Dallas, Texas
3 posts
Save Topic
Transportation between Niagara INT'l airport to Depew AmTrak

I'm planning to fly into BUF airport then take Amtrak to go to Niagarafall,ON (NFS) then try to go to niagara-on-the-lake in July.

What is the best and cheap transportation between airport and depew amtrak station?

I don't have any good plan how I'm going to niagara on the lake once I get to NFS station....

Anyone know, how much taxi would cost..? or there is a shuttle bus?

1. Re: Transportation between Niagara INT'l airport to Depew AmTrak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 07 April 2011, 00:44
Edited: 07 April 2011, 00:44
West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
75,590 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation between Niagara INT'l airport to Depew AmTrak

Hi japyon;

Can you please clarify...

Are you flying into Buffalo Niagara Int'l, (BUF) or Niagara Falls Int'l (IAG) ?

Best Regards

Dallas, Texas
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation between Niagara INT'l airport to Depew AmTrak

Hi, Thank you for your quick respond...

I'm flying into BUF, Buffalo Niagara Int'l

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
75,590 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation between Niagara INT'l airport to Depew AmTrak

Hi japyon;

First, I would suggest that you forget the train - period ! The train leaves the US and spends almost 2 hours clearing Canada Customs, time that would be better spent sightseeing.

For your transportation options to get to Niagara Falls Canada from the Buffalo Niagara Int'l Airport, I would suggest visiting the Canadian Niagara Falls forum, and looking at the "Top Questions" area. The third entry "How do I get from / to the area Airports ?" will provide you with your options.

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g154998-i97-Niagara…

Best Regards

Edited: 07 April 2011, 19:54
Dallas, Texas
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation between Niagara INT'l airport to Depew AmTrak

Hi, Destination Expert,

Thank you for the suggestion...

Do you mind me asking how come it will take that long at the custom?

Since I'm japanese... (live in US), I kind of expecting some time to go through custom anyhow...

However, that raise my another question... I have planned, on my way back, flying back home from BUF airport around 3:30pm... but if coming back in to US custom also take 2 hours and so... I may not be able to make it...

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
75,590 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation between Niagara INT'l airport to Depew AmTrak

Hi japyon;

The 2 hours is to process the whole train. Crossing otherwise, doesn't usually that anywhere near that long.

Best Regards

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,351 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation between Niagara INT'l airport to Depew AmTrak

I've taken that train and also the train from Albany to Montreal and Rescue Team is correct. The train stops on each side of the international border and the immigration officers from each of the contries look at all the passports and question all the passengers. It takes a long time and the immigration officers can be rather rude.

Kent, Washington
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Transportation between Niagara INT'l airport to Depew AmTrak

Nobody answered the original question........The question is : What transporttation is available BETWEEN Buffalo Int AP (BUF) AND THE AMTRAK STATION IN DEPEW , NY???

wHO CAN ANSWER??

New York State, USA
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
1,416 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transportation between Niagara INT'l airport to Depew AmTrak

Hi Jerry, the best transportation between the BUF airport and the Amtrak Depew station is taxi. It's about a 10-minute ride. Otherwise, you can take three different public buses and spend 2-hours.

-Dee

10. Re: Transportation between Niagara INT'l airport to Depew AmTrak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 01:17