We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

can you tell me about Rock the Harbor????

oswego,ny
Level Contributor
2,492 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
can you tell me about Rock the Harbor????

want to come to Buffalo to check out a few concerts -they are calling it rock the harbor. has anyone been - what is the scene like there? is it all just standing room? or is there some kind of seating?

do they serve food? is it an arm and a leg? do they serve alcohol? how much for a beer?

any imput from you locals would be great? is there a free place to park near the venue?

thanks for any help.

Buffalo, New York
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
952 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: can you tell me about Rock the Harbor????

Rock the Harbor is a great outdoor music venue. It is standing room - no seating.

They serve beer and wine - not sure about the price but you buy tickets and I would guess they are about $3.00.

There is food. As for parking I know there plenty of places to park but not sure it free or not.

http://www.buffaloplace.com/rocks-harbor

Enjoy - some great acts coming to Buffalo

oswego,ny
Level Contributor
2,492 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: can you tell me about Rock the Harbor????

thank you

oswego,ny
Level Contributor
2,492 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: can you tell me about Rock the Harbor????

can you bring your own chairs in??

Buffalo, New York
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
1,119 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: can you tell me about Rock the Harbor????

For the past coupe of years you could bring in chairs. You will need to get there fairly early to get a good spot. The food ranges from pizza ect to BBQ from BW's ! Its a good time.

oswego,ny
Level Contributor
2,492 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: can you tell me about Rock the Harbor????

thanks for that- my hubby wants to go- i just want to be prepared for the whole thing. i am hoping that they let us bring chairs in.

Buffalo, New York
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
952 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: can you tell me about Rock the Harbor????

You might want to give Buffalo Place a call just to reconfirm if chairs are allowed. 716-856-3150.

oswego,ny
Level Contributor
2,492 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: can you tell me about Rock the Harbor????

thanks jmhallmark- i will call.

Jamestown, New York
Level Contributor
403 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: can you tell me about Rock the Harbor????

Are there any hotels or motels nearby so that we can leave our car there. Would like to have a few drinks and not worry about driving after the show.

Buffalo, New York
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
952 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: can you tell me about Rock the Harbor????

There is the Hampton Inn & Embasy Suites which are a little further uptown, but you can leave your car there and take the train - which is FREE as long as you are above ground.

These hotels are in the vicinity of the Chippewa Strip which is where all the bars are.

Click on the Buffalo hotels on the left side of this forum and you can check out all the hotels and what might fit your budget.

10. Re: can you tell me about Rock the Harbor????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 17:18