We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need feedback on which Buffalo Tour to take...

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
79 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Need feedback on which Buffalo Tour to take...

Hi

I bought a Groupon for my mom from 'Buffalo Tours'. (PreservationBuffaloNiagara.org)

We want to plan one now, but there are so many - I want to go on the best one where we'll see the coolest stuff.

My mom LOVES history and seeing insides of rich people's houses (heehee). She's getting up there in age, so it can't be a marathon tour, but she's good for a couple hours.

Does anyone have any first-hand knowledge about any of their tours? Are there any where you can go inside the Delaware Mansions (or any other mansions)?

Or just, simply, which tour would give us the most 'bang for our buck'. I'm afraid of choosing a lame tour that leaves us feeling cheated...

We can go anytime, so dates/times won't matter.

Thanks for any feedback!

New York State, USA
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
1,408 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need feedback on which Buffalo Tour to take...

Hi tinalyn, I've taken quite of few Bflo Tours and they're all pretty good. The inside Delaware Avenue mansions tour has already taken place this year and I think that only happens once a year. Nearly all of the tours are outside only - no going inside houses unless it specifically mentions it. If you take the Queen City tour they do go inside some buildings downtown, especially during the week on business days when buildings (like banks) are open.

I think you should just find a tour that sounds good to you and go for it. A lot depends on the tour guide and it's hard to know until you get there who that person is and if they're good.

Hope this helps!

-Dee

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
79 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need feedback on which Buffalo Tour to take...

Thanks for your reply, Dee-

I saw that tour - the one that goes inside the homes - and saw that I'm too late ....(rats!)

I think you're right - we'll like anything. They all sound interesting.

Have great day!

Thanks again,

Tina

3. Re: Need feedback on which Buffalo Tour to take...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 09:17