We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant with lake or river view

Which Buffalo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Albany, NY
Level Contributor
428 posts
239 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant with lake or river view

Greetings,

We're trying to find a nice restaurant in the Buffalo, Niagara Falls (US side), or Queenston (also US side) areas with a view of the lake or a river. A place serving late lunch or early dinner on a Sunday. Within 5 to 10 miles of a bridge to Canada would be a bonus. Plan B would be something in Williamsville (which I realize isn't near water but I used to live there in the early 90's).

Please send your suggestions!

Thanks in advance.

Buffalo
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
2,308 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant with lake or river view

If you like Chinese food, try the Ming Teh in Fort Erie, which is very close to the Peace Bridge. Make reservations if possible and ask for a table near the window. Outstanding!

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Nassau
Level Contributor
4,612 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant with lake or river view

I think the Holiday Inn Grand Island has a restaurant that overlooks the Niagara River. I have never eaten there, so I cannot vouch for the cuisine. The hotel is about 15 -20 minutes from both the Peace Bridge or the Rainbow Bridge.

Buffalo, New York
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
938 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant with lake or river view

For Plan B - I would suggest the Creekside on Main St in Williamsville - ask for a table overlooking the creek.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant with lake or river view

Templeton Landing in downtown Buffalo or Root Five in Hamburg!

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
97 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant with lake or river view

Acqua has gorgeous views of the River just as it widens to go around Grand Island. Very nice and perfect for Sunsets.

Riverview up in Tonawanda might be worth checking out but I am not sure if they actually have a view of the river of not.

Albany, NY
Level Contributor
428 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant with lake or river view

Thanks for the input! After doing a ton of research, we tried Creekside. It was a good experience and service was first class. The creek wasn't much to look at, but better than nothing. Interior looked better than the strip mall exterior. Unsure why I never tried the place when I lived several miles away in the 90's.

7. Re: Restaurant with lake or river view

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2012, 23:16