We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tolls Toronto to buffalo airport

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
4,344 posts
105 reviews
Save Topic
Tolls Toronto to buffalo airport

We are driving north bay to buffalo airport planning on taking the fastest way. How much money will I need for tolls? This will be our first time ever using a toll I am completely clueless

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Nassau
Level Contributor
4,727 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Tolls Toronto to buffalo airport

There are no tolls crossing from Can. to USA on the Peace Bridge. The tolls are on the way back into Canada. They accept either US or CDN currency.

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
8,061 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Tolls Toronto to buffalo airport

" There is a duty free shop with a McDonalds and a Tim Hortons, just before the Peace Bridge. Good place for a rest stop and to re-program."

A quote from another post!.

Can we stop at this duty free shop as we enter Canada from NY and purchase wine for consumption during our trip?

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
4,344 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Tolls Toronto to buffalo airport

Thanks again Tutman great to hear about the tolls!

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Nassau
Level Contributor
4,727 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Tolls Toronto to buffalo airport

Reply to Queenie.

You can only stop at the duty free stops are on your way OUT of the country. The one with the McDonalds and Tim Hortons at the Peace Bridge is your stop when you leave Canada to go into the USA.

However, there is another duty free shop on the USA side which you can stop at on your way out of the USA and INTO Canada. It's just before you cross the bridge. (I believe there is also one at the Rainbow and Queenston Lewiston crossing as well.)

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Tolls Toronto to buffalo airport

You'd be better off buying wine at a liquor store in NY State than the duty free shop at the Peace Bridge. They have a very limited selection of wine and it is overpriced. Just remember that you can only take 1.5 litres of wine per person into Canada without the possibility of being taxed. As for taxes, expect to pay about 50% to 75% of the value of the wine in taxes if you go over the limit.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,784 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Tolls Toronto to buffalo airport

Old post from 2012

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
139 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Tolls Toronto to buffalo airport

Driving in Toronto is a nightmare plain and simple. The traffic is awful most times and dreadful the others. The 407 ETR is the fastest way even though it can be pricey. It depends where in Toronto you are going. The 407 goes north of Toronto so if your destination is downtown it is of limited usefulness. I have been going to Toronto for many years (my dad was from there) and the traffic is horrific. The problem is the non stop condo and building boom without corresponding road improvements. I travel to Canada every week and the Peace bridge is your best bet followed by the Rainbow avoid the Lewiston at all costs. From North Bay depending on when you pass Toronto (if its from 4-7PM weekdays) take the 407 to the QEW at Hamilton to the Peace bridge

18. Re: Tolls Toronto to buffalo airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2014, 05:16