We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to shop????

Toronto
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to shop????

Hello everyone,

My sister and I are planning a day shopping trip to Buffalo.(We live in Toronto) I heard it's great for the shopping scene. I'm not really sure where I should go. Any opinions?? Thanx!

Broadway Market
Gift & Speciality Shops
Thin Ice
Gift & Speciality Shops
Talking Leaves Books
Gift & Speciality Shops
Renew Bath and Body
Gift & Speciality Shops
Buffalo
Level Contributor
563 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to shop????

definately the walden galleria. its being expanded with two new buildings, a best buy, barnes and noble and a remodeled movie theater.

the outlets are iffy, theres really not that much there. its big, you can spend time there, but it depends what your taste and style is.

a lot of canadians will stay in a hotel in cheektowaga which makes it easier to commute to the mall. from cheektowaga then, you also have easy access to the transit road/eastern hills area and the thruway which will take you to the niagara falls blvd area.

but make sure you get the galleria in first because its the biggest shopping center in the area.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
259 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to shop????

i second the galleria mall in cheektowaga, www.waldengalleria.com. two levels of some great stores & a food court to eat at when you get a little hungry from all that shopping. right next store is target, another great store loved by canadians. happy shopping!

Tuckerton, New...
Level Contributor
16 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to shop????

definitely Walden Galleria. Many shops there....

Dont forget the Buffalo pizzza and wings!

If Kahunaville is still at the Galleria-you must go! it was great.

North Tonawanda, NY
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to shop????

Kahunaville's not in the Galleria anymore, but if you like burgers, I suggest Ruby Tuesday. They're right in the mall and they have an awesome salad bar.

Yes, the Galleria is probably your best bet!

Buffalo, NY
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to shop????

Walden Galleria is just another mall. Same stores, same food, same everything as in any other mall anywhere else in the world. So it would probably be just like staying in Toronto, only you'll be spending ugly green money instead of garish multicolored money.

For something unique, I'd take a look at the shops along elmwood avenue, between Forrest and Bryant Streets there's some interesting shops. Then it's dead for a few blocks, and picks up again from Summer to Allen. There's also some cool stuff on Allen St., but it's mostly bars, cafes, and resturants.

Hertel is worth a look, too.

Buffalo
Level Contributor
462 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to shop????

The Galleria has all the regulars-it is a great one stop shopping experience.

You may also want to do the Main st. in Williamsville to Transit road route-

On Main st. you will find-

Talbots

Chicos

The Tony Walker center will all it's upscale boutiques.

There are also quite a few consignment shops with one of a kind cheapies

Follow Main st. east to Transit and it is strip Mall heaven-

There is TJ MAXX

Tuesday Morning

AJ Wright

Stein Mart

Fashion Bug

Dots

and there is also Eastern Hills Mall that has all the mall regulars-

I hear that Kleinhans has great deals right now on all the brands that are going to be discontinued when it becomes Macys.

Buffalo
Level Contributor
49 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to shop????

Niagara Falls Boulevard between the 290 and Sheridan Drive is a great area for chain stores. The Boulevard Mall is smaller than the Galleria, but it's also less crowded (usually). There are a lot of plazas around the Boulevard Mall as well.

8. Re: Where to shop????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 00:17