We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Niagara Center

Which Buffalo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brantford...
Level Contributor
117 posts
Save Topic
First Niagara Center

We're heading to a Sabres game on Sunday afternoon. Where is a good place nearby to have a drink and get some wings.We have an arena parking pass too,so something within walking distance is best.

Buffalo, New York
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
938 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Niagara Center

The Pearl Street Brewery has pretty good food.

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g60974-d40…

Also there are some other restaruants nearby - although we havent eaten here it is usually packed

http://www.lagerhaus95.com/

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g60974-d34…

GO SABRES!

Hoosick Falls, New...
Level Contributor
227 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: First Niagara Center

I am going to a concert there next month. @jmhallmark, could you also recommend a hotel within walking distance? Thanks so much!

Buffalo, New York
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
938 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Niagara Center

There is the Embassy Suites downtown or the Hampton Inn. The Comfort Suites is located on Main and you can walk out to the train. See the list to the left for reviews.

What makes it easy is there is an above ground train on Main Street that is free as long as you stay above ground and will drop you off right at the FNC.

These hotels are on Delaware Ave which is only two blocks from Main St where you would catch the train.

These hotels are close to Chippewa street is where many of the bars are.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
9 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First Niagara Center

Jmhallmark mentioned several hotels that are "walking distance" but they aren't the closest ones. The brand new Lafayette Hotel is the newest hotel in downtown Buffalo and also just a few blocks from the arena. The Hyatt is also closer to the arena than the ones mentioned. If you're planning on going out after the concert, it might be best to stay at the Hampton Inn that was mentioned as it is right on the corner of downtown's "Entertainment District" with bars & restaurants (Chippewa Street).

Hoosick Falls, New...
Level Contributor
227 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: First Niagara Center

Thanks, all. I am suprised the rates are so high, must be a busy weekend there. Will take a look at all the options, might be better off staying a little farther out and paying for a cab.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
9 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First Niagara Center

Check out Hotwire.com, they don't tell you the name of the hotel up front (which is why it's cheaper) but as long as you're staying in the "downtown Buffalo" area, there aren't really any bad hotels and you'll most likely save some $$. A cab from any other hotel in Buffalo that isn't downtown will end up costing you at least $10 each way, so consider that when making a decision.

Hoosick Falls, New...
Level Contributor
227 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: First Niagara Center

I have been reading more about the Lafayette Hotel, it sounds like a place I would like. Hotels.com says no availability, but I think I will call them.

I've never done Hotwire, I 'm too chicken!

buffalo NY
Level Contributor
82 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First Niagara Center

Here's another idea: the Lofts on Pearl has rooms and is within walking distance of FNC.

http://loftsonpearl.com/

Hoosick Falls, New...
Level Contributor
227 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: First Niagara Center

I booked the weekend at the Lafayette, it sounds like everyhting I am looking for in a great location!

New York State, USA
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
1,398 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: First Niagara Center

Hey Mcgker, sounds like a nice weekend! I hope the snow doesn't interfere with your plans. Please post a review to let us know how your trip went!

-Dee