We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Nigara Falls from Schenectady, New York

Which Buffalo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Guaynabo
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Trip to Nigara Falls from Schenectady, New York

My son, wife and two children (one is two the other is one year old) live in Schenectady, NY and I plan to visit them next June. I would love to drive with theme all the way to Niagarra Falls (Canada Side) during a week end. My travel agent says it is less expensive if we stay in Buffalo on our way back. Any recommendations? Tito

Irondequoit, New...
Level Contributor
631 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Nigara Falls from Schenectady, New York

There is more to do on the Canadian side, and crossing the border with young children takes more time, so I don't know that I would want to do any more crossings than necessary. Once you get across, I don't believe the price difference is worth the extra aggravation.

Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
8,623 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Nigara Falls from Schenectady, New York

Tito,

Buffalo is only 1/2 hour from Niagara Falls, and the entire drive to Schenectady is only 4-5 hours, so I don't really understand the need for a stopover on the way back. Be that as it may, there is a wide range of accomodations, in all price ranges, in both locations. Fallsview hotels in Niagara Falls, ON are more expensive than suburban motels in Buffalo, but small hotels and motels in Niagara Falls are cheaper than downtown Buffalo hotels. You can get something in your price range anywhere.

Also note, all adults require passports to cross the border. Children under 16 need birth certificates.

3. Re: Trip to Nigara Falls from Schenectady, New York

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2014, 05:16