We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

clayton or alexandria bay

Ra'anana, Israel
Level Contributor
181 posts
Save Topic
clayton or alexandria bay

I have a rental car for five days with my wife in August

2 nights we will be

travel to 1000 ilands for 1 night

I come from NAIAGRA FALLS WITH RENT CAR WITH MY WIFE

I would like to stay in one night in 1000 Islands

Where should I book a room in advance

We want to make cruise to see the famous castle

And in the evening enjoy the excursion in late August

Where should you take a room

in clayton or alexandria bay

How long take drive from naiagra falls to 1000 ilends at monday august

thank yo in advance

New York State, USA
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
1,431 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: clayton or alexandria bay

It's around 250 miles (400 km) from Niagara Falls to Alexandria Bay. This will take around 4 hours non-stop. Here is a link to a route you can take (from Google maps): https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Niagara+Falls,+NY&daddr=Alexandria+Bay,+NY&hl=en&sll=43.641544,-77.45808&sspn=2.651446,6.696167&geocode=FZaYkQId1fpJ-ym3M-Yp6mPTiTGzqsW55FqXYQ%3BFQyDpAIdXZZ5-ynXZCFENznNTDHWxgb7Fongsw&oq=alex&t=h&mra=ls&z=8

-Dee

Edited: 07 June 2013, 22:44
Mentioned in this post
New York State, USA
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
1,431 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: clayton or alexandria bay

Here's what I can tell you about Clayton vs. Alexandria Bay: Clayton is more family oriented with shops, restaurants, and museums. Alexandria Bay has more bars, nightlife, and touristy places selling t-shirts. The towns are only 8 miles apart so you can easily stay in one place and visit both.

-Dee

Mentioned in this post
Clayton
Clayton
New York
3. Re: clayton or alexandria bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2014, 05:17