We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Italian Restaurant in Buffalo?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
55 posts
121 reviews
Save Topic
Best Italian Restaurant in Buffalo?

My family is visiting Buffalo in November, and want to sample some of the best Italian food in town. We've narrowed it down to the "top three restaurants," but there's absolutely no separation between the three. Location is not an issue--we want the best food!

Our three restaurants are:

1. Mulberry Italian Ristorante

2. Trattoria Aroma

3. Osteria 166

We will only have time to eat at two of them. Your thoughts?

New York State, USA
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Italian Restaurant in Buffalo?

Hi AlbertaTourist,

Having eaten at two of your three, Mulberry and Trattoria Aroma, I would choose the Trattoria for its more imaginative food. Mulberry is good for its giant meatballs, but I prefer the food at Trattoria. I also HIGHLY recommend Romeo and Juliet's. The owner is from Tuscany and serves all kinds of delicious food, and not just red sauce pasts dishes. The desserts are particularly noteworthy at Romeo and Juliet's! tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g60974-d81…

-Dee

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
55 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Italian Restaurant in Buffalo?

Thanks Dee,

Romeo and Juliet's looks fantastic--I think we'll eat there for a lunch on our trip!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
27,367 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Italian Restaurant in Buffalo?

I agree with Lady_Dee with regard to Mulberry and Aroma...............and also, I found Mulberry a little out of the way and hard to find..........

buffalo NY
Level Contributor
85 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Italian Restaurant in Buffalo?

Do consider Osteria 166. I had lunch there last week and think it's the best Italian food in Buffalo.

New York State, USA
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Italian Restaurant in Buffalo?

I will definitely have to try Osteria 166, looking forward to it! Will report back... :-)

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
55 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Italian Restaurant in Buffalo?

Yes, Osteria 166 looks fantastic!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
145 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Italian Restaurant in Buffalo?

You might look into Lombardo on Hertel Ave. Very good upscale Italian.

8. Re: Best Italian Restaurant in Buffalo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2014, 06:20