We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quick trip to Buffalo

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
266 posts
Save Topic
Quick trip to Buffalo

Hi there,

We are planning on crossing the border from Niagara for a few hours. We want to visit the New Era flagship store and Walgreen's on Delaware Avenue and also the 25th floor of Buffalo City Hall.

Where is the best (cheap) place to park?

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
82,856 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quick trip to Buffalo

Hi JPikes;

Presumably, you'll be travelling in a rental car. Ensure that the car rental company notes on the rental agreement that they authorize you to take the car into the US. You may be asked by Customs when entering the US, or when re-entering Canada, for this documentation.

Some companies offer unlimited mileage, but only within Canada. The rental company will use an onboard commercial GPS unit (hidden) to track your usage. The extra per mile charges can add up quickly, so be sure to ask in advance.

As a citizen of the UK, upon entering the US you will be required to obtain an I-94W Visa Waiver, in addition to having your passport. To obtain the waiver, you will be photographed, fingerprinted, and pay a fee of $6 US.

cbp.gov/travel/…i-94-instructions

The I-94W visa waiver will be “electronically” attached to your passport.

The process of obtaining the I-94W waiver takes on average ½ an hour.

Best Regards

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
266 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Quick trip to Buffalo

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I've already checked with Hertz and they said that it's no problem to take it over the border. Will the rental documentation have this built into it?

Any ideas about parking in Buffalo?

Williamsville, New...
Level Contributor
143 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Quick trip to Buffalo

You won't have a problem parking in Buffalo. There are plenty of ramps and surface lots near City Hall and they won't be expensive. You can walk to New Era from City Hall. Can I ask what the attraction of Walgreen's is?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
266 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Quick trip to Buffalo

There appears to be parking at Walgreen's - will it be alright to park there and walk down to New Era and City Hall?

The reason we are going to Walgreen's is they have a Walgreen's exclusive perfume that my girlfriend wants to get more of (we got some in New Orleans last year). Sorry it's not more exciting than that.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
82,856 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quick trip to Buffalo

You're Welcome, JPikes !

Authorization to take the car into the US will most likely need to be added into the contract.

Best Regards

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
98 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Quick trip to Buffalo

You'd be fine to leave the car at Walgreens and walk, however note it's about a 20 minute walk to

City hall. For a few bucks you could drive and park in a garage or probably find a street spot pretty easily, which are free on weekends and after 5.

T K
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Quick trip to Buffalo

Welcome to Buffalo!

Walgreens on Delaware has a free customer parking lot.

The New Era Flagship store has metered street parking in front or near.

Sometimes you can find metered street parking near City Hall. There are some surface parking lots and there is a parking ramp. City Hall, County Hall, and the the City, County, State, and Federal Court buildings are in the same area so cheap parking is by chance.

A couple blocks from the Walgreens is the Anchor Bar ( they have free customer parking) the home of the famous Buffalo Chicken Wings. A lot of people call them Buffalo Wings, but we all know that Buffalos do not have wings.

8. Re: Quick trip to Buffalo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2017, 04:16