We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near bars and restuarants

Neath, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel near bars and restuarants

We are planning on visiting Niagara falls and want to stay at Buffalo June 6th through 8th.

It will be myself and my husband. We ideally would like a hotel near to a few bars and restaurants within walking distance. We aren't too fussed on fancy accommodations just somewhere clean, comfortable and safe. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

1. Re: Hotel near bars and restuarants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 May 2016, 17:05
Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
98 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel near bars and restuarants

Hi Tracey,

Welcome to Buffalo! You've picked a good time to visit, the city's experienced a comeback of sorts and there are numerous new restaurants, bars and attractions.

I'd say the best location for a great deal of restaurants and bars is Chippewa St. Two hotels I'd recommend are the Hampton Inn and Embassy Suites. Both have high ratings on here and would certainly suffice.

A budget friendly option would be the comfort suites, also on Chippewa. This is being converted to a holiday inn express at some point however, so I'm not exactly sure it's current status or when that will occur. But worth a look if you want a cheaper alternative.

Let us know if we can help any further. Enjoy your trip!

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
82,710 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel near bars and restuarants

Hi Tracey;

FYI...Niagara Falls is approx. 25 miles / 41 km from the Buffalo.

Best Regards

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
3,065 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel near bars and restuarants

Downtown's renaissance has seen the opening of at least a half dozen new hotels (some new builds, some in repurposed older buildings) in addition to the dozen or so previously existing ones, so you will have many to choose from. Not many are particularly budget, however, there are older mid range properties like the Holiday Inn and Best Western. Note the proximity of whatever hotel you choose to the Metro (light rail transit) which will get you to the many downtown restaurants and entertainment venues for free.

I've noticed lately that the Adam's Mark hotel (a rebranded older Hilton) has been heavily discounted. It's a large convention size property that's a bit dated, but the rooms are renovated to a modern chain hotel standard. It's a bit on the fringe of "what's happening", but not by much...still very walkable to many venues and the Metro. Their shuttle will drop you around town as well. The Hyatt, located right on Main St on the Metro line, is another older property that often is heavily discounted, although not as dramatically as the Adam's Mark. I've regularity seen the AM for $60, the Hyatt is more likely to be $99...still a great deal if you can snag a deal on a discount booking site.

Update: the Comfort Suites on Chippewa's conversion to a Holiday Inn Express is complete. Excellent location.

Williamsville, New...
Level Contributor
143 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel near bars and restuarants

Adams Mark is probably the hotel least convenient to restaurants and bars of all the Buffalo hotels. Not sure what your budget is but the Hampton on Chipppewa fits what you are looking for as do the two Marriot properties in the Canalside area.

6. Re: Hotel near bars and restuarants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2017, 07:17