We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiking info. needed

Which American Fork hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
5 posts
Save Topic
Hiking info. needed

Hi all, myself, my 16 y/o son, and wife will be in Southern Utah at the end of June. Will be st Zion for 3 days, Bryce for 2 days, Escalante for 3 days, Moab for 4 days Mexican Hat for 2 days and the North Rim for only 1 full day. Could anyone recommend a book or web site for specific hiking trails for the various areas. I have already got a lot of great info. from this site but still looking.

Salt Lake City, UT
Level Contributor
908 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hiking info. needed

Your best bet is probably a general Utah hiking guide unless you want to fork out money for specialized guides to particular places.

Utah's Favorite Hiking Trails (David Day) is a good, if bulky book, with great maps. The web site Utahtrails.com gives a taste of what the book is about. 100 Hikes in Utah is good also (Mann & Olsen). There is a Falcon guide for Utah also (Dave Hall). Of course, for the National Parks, the nps.gov website will generally good descriptions of hikes.

Btw, how did this end up on the American Fork forum?

Ohio
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hiking info. needed

Thank You for the response I will get the recommended books,I ended up on the American Fork by accidient only, I hope it will not hinder more responses.

John

Get answers to your questions about American Fork