We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to stay

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
5 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Places to stay

I have a very short trip planned for July. Flying in from Australia, one night booked in NY. Hiring a car and driving to Newport Rhode Island, 3 nights only and I have one night which I'm yet to book. We need to be back at JFK for a flight in the evening, so I cancelled Nantaucket as too stressed about getting back to Airport so after 3 nights on Rhode Island where would one suggest we have one night after and before we have to get back to JFK? We are foodies and love looking at the water 😎🥂

Mentioned in this post
Newport
Newport
Rhode Island
Rhode Island
Rhode Island
United States
2 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
406 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to stay

Providence is definitely a city for foodies. Small, walkable, and has some great architecture and RISD museum. There is an urban waterfront and river. Coastal villages like Westerly or Mystic, standard coastal fare more or less, and would be worth it for a night. The Nordic Lodge is down there, well-regarded all you can eat lobster buffet. New Haven, CT likes to tout their pizza as best of New England, and some great free museums if that interests. Providence is more user friendly however.

Edited: 23 May 2018, 18:28
Mentioned in this post
Providence
Providence
Rhode Island
New Haven
New Haven
Connecticut
New England
New England
United States
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Newport
Level Contributor
1,110 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to stay

Second vote for Providence. Foodie destination. Stay downtown, the Marriot, Hampton Inn, Biltmore, that area and you can walk to lots of restaurants and shops. There is even a water taxi on the river.

Mentioned in this post
Providence
Providence
Rhode Island
Providence Biltmore
Providence Biltmore
1,472 Reviews
Providence, RI
Reply to: Places to stay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted