We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Francs Malbone House?

Which Newport hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Peekskill,NY
Level Contributor
46 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Francs Malbone House?

Has anyone stayed here and is it worth the money?

New York
Level Contributor
2 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Francs Malbone House?

This place is great. I've stayed twice and looking to go again.

Breakfast is out of this world. Rooms are wonderful. Worth it.

New York
Level Contributor
2 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Francs Malbone House?

This place is great. I've stayed twice and looking to go again.

Breakfast is out of this world. Rooms are wonderful. Worth it.

westchester...
Level Contributor
94 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Francs Malbone House?

Thanks so much for your reply. Which room do you reccommend and what time of the year did you go? Also is it close to the mansions?

Westerly, Rhode...
Level Contributor
614 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Francs Malbone House?

Being local, I've never stayed there, but I've never heard anything but good things about Francis Malbone. I also know people that have been there to visit others staying there, and they say it's lovely. It's close to the wharf area for dining and shopping, and not far from Bellevue Avenue, which is where a number of the mansions are. It's in an overall good location. Anything decent in Newport in the summer is going to cost you.

NJ
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Francs Malbone House?

My husband and I stayed at the Francis Malbone House for 3 nights without the kids. NICE. We decided to try it after reading all of the positive feedback on various websites; it's all true. The plusses: beautiful place, clean, welcoming, great location, breakfast buffet and 2 entrees to choose from each morning (my favorite was belgian waffles with carmelized pears) and afternoon tea starting at 3pm. The staff was very courteous and helpful. It's an easy walk (day and night) to the harbor for shopping, restaurants, music, and boat rides. I loved walking around listening to the various live musicians the restaurants had, and choosing which place we felt like going to based on the menus posted outside and the music playing. I'm sure there are other Inns within walking distance, but we both liked the Malbone. Each room is different. Depending on what season you go, check the location of their a/c and fireplace. Some fireplaces are at the foot of the bed, and you wouldn't be able to see them too well. You can see the virtual tours of their rooms on their website. Also, the beds are very firm. The double jacuzzi is tight for 2 average size people. Ways to save money and still enjoy the Inn: the rooms without a walkout patio are just as nice, check the last minute availability, and sales around Christmas time - I heard 20% off and can be booked for any time of year. My favorite room is Courtyard 4.

Newport
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Francs Malbone House?

Book a room and you will be rewarded.

Amazing place, fantastic staff, and great location.

They used to offer rooms for $99 in Januray. If they still do, it is worth coming to Newport in this off-time of year just for the stay at the Malbone.

Newport RI
Level Contributor
140 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Francs Malbone House?

The best--only place better in Newport is Castle Hill.

8. Re: Francs Malbone House?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 16:16