We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Breakers Tour?

Which Newport hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
377 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
The Breakers Tour?

Is the christmas tour self guided or is there a person guided option?

Thanks

Newport, Rhode...
Destination Expert
for Newport, Providence
Level Contributor
2,342 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Breakers Tour?

I think it depends....you might want to call them directly. This is from their website:

Christmas at the Newport Mansions

Celebrate the holiday season at The Breakers, The Elms and Marble House from mid-November through New Year's, when the houses are decorated in festive themes. Either guided tours or open-house formats may be in effect.

Level Contributor
377 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Breakers Tour?

ok,thanks. i had the person guided tour last year and loved it. Have toured the house during the summer months also. Always a great expierience. Can;t wait, Leaving today to Newport. Staying at the Frances Malbone Inn. Another favorite of mine.

Happy Holidays

Milford...
Level Contributor
4,258 posts
607 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Breakers Tour?

We were just there last weekend and it was the self guided tour (with audio equipment), but you can call to confirm.

Edited: 07 December 2009, 17:05
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
62 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Breakers Tour?

We will be visiting Newport for the week - weekend of Christmas. What tours did you enjoy the most Breakers, Elm or Marble House? Any recommendations on available restaurants?

Thanks!

Level Contributor
377 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Breakers Tour?

The Breakers audio tour was GREAT!! If you can, see the Breakers on fri . late afternoon. Breakers is very busy on sat. My second favorite is the Elms and then The Marble house. Get the winter passport .All 3 houses for $28..00 per ticket. Order online to save you time so you don't have to wait on the ticket lines. Restaurant- Puerinis for great italian. Don;t think I spelled it right. Homemade pasta. Delicious.

6. Re: The Breakers Tour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2010, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Newport