We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

41 North Hotel

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
70 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
41 North Hotel

My husband and I are considering staying at 41 North. Has anyone ever stayed there and can they comment on their stay? Was there any noise from the restaurants or clubs? Any other good suggestions on where to stay? Mill Street Inn was suggested to us. Thanks.

Newport, Rhode...
Destination Expert
for Newport, Providence
Level Contributor
2,369 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 41 North Hotel

The actual Hotel at 41 North hasn't opened yet. The Grill and inside bar have opened but not the rooms.

They do have some rooms that they are renting ablove the building nextdoor Christies, and I think theya re still branding them as 41 North, but they are not in the same building as the new hotel.

I know that they will no longer have DJs at the Grill because they don't want to disturb the guests. It is all very high end.

New
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 41 North Hotel

Yes, I was there last weekend to celebrate the 4th of July and had an amazing time. The customer service is unreal and the food and views are remarkable; not to mention how beautiful and unique the hotel itself is.

Although the rooms with the harbour view are lovely, I recommend getting a city view room as they are quieter at night and slightly less expensive.

I loved it so much that I plan on going back again this month!

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
70 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 41 North Hotel

I take it the actual hotel still hasn't opened yet and you are speaking about the the few rooms that milemaker0 has recommeded. Thank you so much for your post.

New
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 41 North Hotel

The hotel is in fact open and it is fabulous! You can check it out at www.41north.com

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 41 North Hotel

My family stayed here a few weeks ago and we will never stay here again. Everything but the view was awful. The staff including the manager, in fact, especially the manager, were snooty, rude and unhelpful - I'm sorry folks but your hotel is not all that especially compared with some of the other places to stay in Newport. The food is unimaginative and extremely overpriced for what you get. My wife got food poisoning the second night. While we understand food poisoning is hard to pin point. - we had dinner at one of their restaurants and a few hours later she was extremely sick so go figure. Our room went uncleaned one of the days we stayed there and when we asked for it to be cleaned they were unapologetic and almost seemed annoyed by the request!

Never again.

Edited: 05 October 2010, 16:23
6. Re: 41 North Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2011, 05:20