We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newport with teenagers

Which Newport hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melrose...
2 posts
Save Topic
Newport with teenagers

Hi Board,

I am travelling to Newport next week with our 2 teen daughters...so far we are doing the Breakers tour,cliff walk and the schooner boat ride. Any ideas on anything else (they will be interested in the shops) and any recommendations for restaurants? Is there any places that has music that they would be able to sit and listen with us as well....Any tips would be greatly appreciated

Exeter, Rhode Island
Level Contributor
867 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Newport with teenagers

For your daughters, I can't imagine that they wouldn't love a day at Second Beach in nearby Middletown. There are also sailing lessons at Fort Adams that they might like.

For restaurants,

Fish - Scales and Shells (cash only)

Value - Brick Alley Pub (great bar scene)

Lavish with great view - Castle Hill Inn

Great views outside - Marina Cafe and Pub on Goat Island

If you haven't seen it yet, www.gonewport.com list activities, restaurants, events and more

Melrose...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Newport with teenagers

Thanks so much for your ideas.....I will check out some of them. We want to do the beach so we will drop by Second Beach.

I dont think we will be bored!! Thanks,

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,332 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Newport with teenagers

I thnk the Brick Alley Pub would be the best for the teens. You can also do Horseback riding in Middletown

MA
Level Contributor
162 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Newport with teenagers

Another vote for Brick Alley. This is the kind of place teens would like. It's right downtown on Thames St.

5. Re: Newport with teenagers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2011, 05:20