We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newport - need a room for one night only

Which Newport hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Albany, NY
1 post
Save Topic
Newport - need a room for one night only

My friends and I are coming in to sail for one day only - 8/20/11 (a Saturday). Trying to find a room for one night is impossible ... has anyone had any luck? I don't want to stay outside of Newport because we are also going to the Wine Show that night and do not want to drive.

upstate NY
Level Contributor
257 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Newport - need a room for one night only

Try Priceline, but Saturday night is going to cost you.

Newport, Rhode...
Destination Expert
for Newport, Providence
Level Contributor
2,342 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Newport - need a room for one night only

Try to find a cancellable back-up if you can. then, as the date gets closer, try again...even using Hotwire for just the one night.

With the start of the season, most hotels, inns and B&Bs will be trying to stick to their 2 or even 3 night minimums in hopes of getting as much booked as possible. As the season goes on most of the places will start to loosen the restrictions due top weather forecasts, later in the season, etc....keep checking.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Newport - need a room for one night only

I have run into this problem as well as several of my friends. I usually go for more than one night, so it is not an issue. I tell my friends to keep calling and call direct, and most have lucked out and the hotels gave in for the one night.

4. Re: Newport - need a room for one night only

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 14:19
Get answers to your questions about Newport