We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving in Newport - Lodging and Dining

Boston...
Level Contributor
147 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Thanksgiving in Newport - Lodging and Dining

I am wondering what would be a good place to have a Thanksgiving dinner. I am looking for a very nice, elegant restaurant, beuatiful atmosphere, great food, sit down meal, not buffet. Price is open.

I am also trying to find a place other than the traditional hotels (Marriott, Hyatt) which has rooms that would offer 2 double or queen beds.

I like the idea of a lovely inn or historic property, but am having trouble finding places that offer the type of accomodation I need.

Appreciate any help.

Boston
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanksgiving in Newport - Lodging and Dining

For an in Look at Restaurant Bouchard & Inn, I don't beleive they are doing thankgiving dinner but there are many places serving such as 41 North that is walking distance in the heart of downtown Newport.

Hope that helps.

Westerly, Rhode...
Level Contributor
614 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanksgiving in Newport - Lodging and Dining

I'm thinking of going to The White Horse Tavern for Thanksgiving myself; they'll be open. As to inns, you might try the Hydrangea Inn. It's right across the street from the Hotel Viking, so it's well-located.

Berkshires
Level Contributor
34 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanksgiving in Newport - Lodging and Dining

The Francis Malbone House is a wonderful bed and breakfast, and it's within walking distance to several restaurants and shops. I don't know if Tallulah is have a Thanksgiving menu, but it fits what you want. Tallulah is located only a few blocks from the Francis Malbone House, so convenience is a plus.

4. Re: Thanksgiving in Newport - Lodging and Dining

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 09:25
Get answers to your questions about Newport