We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best accommodations for families with babies

New Jersey
Level Contributor
323 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Best accommodations for families with babies

My wife and I are planning to spend a weekend in Newport in early August with our 1 year old. What hotels or B&B's are best for families with babies? We aren't looking to spend more than $300/night.

Westerly, Rhode...
Level Contributor
614 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best accommodations for families with babies

You might be better off staying in Middletown (the next town north of Newport) to save the bucks. There are quite a few chain hotels there, who may be better equipped to supply a crib in the room. From there, it's only a 15 minute drive at most to get to the Newport sights. Don't wait to book, though, as the season is relatively short and places fill up.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
323 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best accommodations for families with babies

Thanks for your response! I am already finding that out because nothing is available in Newport or Middletown. I think we may end up staying in either Warwick or South Kingstown.

Westerly, Rhode...
Level Contributor
614 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best accommodations for families with babies

Just be aware that if you have to keep crossing over the Newport (Pell) Bridge from the west bay (where Warwick and South Kingstown are), there's a $4 toll each way unless you have an EZ Pass. You might also want to look in Bristol, north of Middletown, on the same side of the bay. There are a few accommodations there.

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Newport
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best accommodations for families with babies

You might try Hometown Suites in North Kingstown. It's a fairly short (15-20 minute) ride to Newport from there.

South Kingstown is a great place to go to the beach. If you do go I'd recommend Salty Brine State Beach or Roger Wheeler State Beach in neighboring Narragansett. They are inside a breakwater and have gentle surf, great sand and cater to families.

5. Re: Best accommodations for families with babies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 13:16
Get answers to your questions about Newport