We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat/Yacht rental

New Haven...
14 posts
Save Topic
Boat/Yacht rental

I'll be in Newport July 21st with about 8-10 people total and I was wondering where I could rent a boat or small yacht to go out on the water for a few hours? While visiting last year I took a boat tour and saw all the mansions etc...while on the water we saw tons of boats and small yachts filled with people having private functions and some boats had numbers advertised on the side for rental but I failed to retrieve it at the time...Hoping someone can point me in the right direction! Thanks!

Exeter, Rhode Island
Level Contributor
1,011 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat/Yacht rental

Did you mean that you want the boat to be a private function for you and your guests? And, are you piloting the boat or did you want someone else to run the boat?

New Haven...
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat/Yacht rental

No I don't want to pilot the boat lol, I'd just like to hang out on the water and enjoy a few cocktails

boston, MA
Level Contributor
218 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boat/Yacht rental

google Newport charters. You'll find options galore.

sightsailing.com is excellent, leave right from Bowens Wharf in the heart of the town. They have a sailboat that is ideal for that number of folk. You could also take out an America's Cup boat. You can pick from 6 of them and inevitably end of racing one of the others.

Have fun. The Harbor was jammed this past weekend.

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,371 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boat/Yacht rental

I agree with family travel. Sightsailing on Bowens wharf is great. They have a sailboat for up to 6 and a larger one which will accomodate your group for a private sail. I use them everytime we are in town and have never been disappointed.

Exeter, Rhode Island
Level Contributor
1,011 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boat/Yacht rental

Take a look at all of the offerings on "gonewport.com" under recreation/boats. There are smaller sailboats, larger sailboats, power boats and general harbor tours. The America's cup boats are terrific if this suits your fancy. Most of the boats depart from the Thames Street area but a few are over on Goat Island. For something for just your group, I have seen the very beautiful older vessel called "Pam" taking tours out....let me see if I can find that online

Exeter, Rhode Island
Level Contributor
1,011 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boat/Yacht rental

Well, here's a link to info on"Pam" and other boats as well

<http://www.seascopenewport.com/fleet_pages/Pam.pdf>

Good luck......there are lots of great choices out there!!

New Haven...
14 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Boat/Yacht rental

Thank you everyone for your help...Any idea what a 2 hour charter would run as far as price goes?

Newport, Rhode...
Destination Expert
for Newport, Providence
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Boat/Yacht rental

Really depends on the boat, you'd need to contact them individually, but to give you an idea: Sightsailer charges between $525 and $575 for a private 1.5 hour charter. ($575 for the sunset tour) and $1040 for a 3.25 hour private charter.

9. Re: Boat/Yacht rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2013, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Newport