We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long weekend getaway-Recommendations, Please!

New York
Level Contributor
63 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Long weekend getaway-Recommendations, Please!

I am going to Newport from Saturday-Tuesday in August and see there are so many good things to do that I can't plan my itinerary and need some help! I love the beach, sunset cruise, Block Island ?,Food tour? Segway Tour? Cliffwalk, Mansion? So much to do, so little time!!! I would love some good restaurant picks, too. We love seafood, raw bar, good drinks. I read about ABC beach in Middletown...Is that nicer than Easton ?

Jamestown, Rhode...
Level Contributor
938 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Long weekend getaway-Recommendations, Please!

ABC beach is at Easton's. Sachuest Beach in Middletown, is the nicer beach. You'll feel very satisfied in Newport alone, without going to BI, so I would play that by ear. You could take a short car ride to beautiful Jamestown island instead, and then you'll have transportation too, which you'll need one way or another on BI to appreciate it. Mansions and CLiff Walk are must do activities.

Edited: 19 July 2012, 22:30
2. Re: Long weekend getaway-Recommendations, Please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2013, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Newport