We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Parking Lot To Use?

Which Newport hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Florida Space Coast
Level Contributor
38 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Which Parking Lot To Use?

Can someone please give me the address of where to park on a weekday in Newport? I want to leave my car while I walk Thames and Spring Streets doing some shopping for a few hours before going on to meet friends for a tour. I can't tell from the map I have where there is a public parking lot in that area. Also, any suggestion for where to get some breakfast in that area would be appreciated as well. THANKS!

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
489 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Parking Lot To Use?

http://www.gonewport.com/parking

Click on the map link on that page to see all public parking. There are also private lots on America's Cup Ave and Bellevue. Sometimes you can find street parking if you look.

For Breakfast you could try corner cafe on broadway, Jonathan's on Washington Sq, Benjamin's on Thames I think has breakfast, Franklin SPa on Spring St

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Newport
Level Contributor
1,078 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Parking Lot To Use?

Where does your tour leave from? Most leave from the Visitor's Center, which has a large public lot. It's within walking distance of the shops and parking there is cheap.

Florida Space Coast
Level Contributor
38 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Parking Lot To Use?

Thanks for the link to map showing parking lots. Since I will be there from morning till around 2:00 I am going to a public lot with long term parking and I found the best one to use on the map.

My friends and I have tickets for a tour at Rough Point late in the afternoon, it isn't a tour leaving from the Visitor Center area. I will drive to Rough Point after a few hours of shopping. I wanted a good place to leave my rental car while doing that, and prefer off street parking. Thanks again!

Westerly, Rhode...
Level Contributor
614 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Parking Lot To Use?

We often park at the paid lot next to the strip mall, accessible from Marlborough St. It's very close to the end of Thames, just past Washington Square.

5. Re: Which Parking Lot To Use?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2013, 10:15