We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go to dinner?

Which Newport hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
185 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Where to go to dinner?

We are coming up Sunday night for one night and staying at Chanler. We do have a reservation at Spiced Pear but I think my husband might prefer a place with really good seafood (shellfish/lobster). We did eat at the Moorings last time and I prefer to try someplace different. Would like a nice (not necessarily expensive) restaurant with really good seafood. We live near NYC and there are a lot of just straightforward seafood restaurants with simply prepared, fresh seafood. I am looking for something like that. Any suggestions?

Also, any suggestions for Sunday brunch?

Jamestown, Rhode...
Level Contributor
938 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go to dinner?

Scales and Shells, upscale casual. Flo's Clam Shack for very casual but good.

Exeter, Rhode Island
Level Contributor
823 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go to dinner?

Ditto Scales and Shells but please be aware that it's cash or checks only!! Our favorite place in Newport

Toro tuna,swordfish, crispy yellowtail, lobster fra diavlo......all standouts!

Good apps = sicilian clams in the pan, crispy artichokes with spicy pepper mayo

OK.......now I'm getting hungry

Edited: 02 May 2013, 21:21
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Newport
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to go to dinner?

For Sunday brunch there is the Atlantic Beach Club. It's a buffet, and it has seafood. :) That is the only one I have personally tried. My family takes me there for Mother's Day. It is right down the hill from the Chanler, on the beach.

4. Re: Where to go to dinner?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2014, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Newport