We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pineapples

Texas
Level Contributor
5,992 posts
191 reviews
Save Topic
Pineapples

From time to time someone recommends Pineapples on Goat Island for a drink or light snack. Can someone tell me how far it is from Newport (we will be staying at the Newport Harbor Hotel & Marina) and how do we get there?

Thanks in advance!

Exeter, Rhode Island
Level Contributor
984 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pineapples

Pineapples is a small,outdoor bar and snack area located behind the Hyatt on Goat Island and just on the water. In good weather, it's a nice spot to go for drinks and it has a great water view. If you are at the pool at the Hyatt, it's the spot to get your lunch/drinks. The photo make it look a bit larger than it really is in the link below.

<http://newport.hyatt.com/en/hotel/dining/PineapplesontheBay.html>

You can drive over to Goat from your hotel but you will have to pay for parking as it is part of the hotel. You can take the boat shuttle to Goat Island ( about $2.00 each way) and walk over to Pineapples from the marina at Goat Island. You can also walk from your hotel...I am guessing it would be about .75 miles each way. Considering the short length of your stay, I wouldn't put this at the top of my list.

If someone had unlimited time on a nice day, take the boat shuttle at Old Harbor Launch (next to the Moorings) over to Goat Island. You'll get a good look at all of the boats in the harbor. When you arrive at Goat Island Marina, walk over to the Marina Cafe for some drinks/lunch/snacks....outdoor seating with fun harbor views. Then walk over to Pineapples and visit the little lighthouse just beyond the bar and maybe have a drink there.

Texas
Level Contributor
5,992 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pineapples

Thank you for the reply! It may not be something we can fit in on this trip but I always like to know my options! :-)

3. Re: Pineapples

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2014, 06:19