We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunch In Newport.

Northeast us
Level Contributor
238 posts
Save Topic
Lunch In Newport.

My go to place for lunch in Newport has always been Cafe Zelda, Breakfast/brunch is Corner Cafe.

Zelda was disappointing last time (a few months ago) and I just need to try someplace new. I don't really like the places right around Bannister's Wharf or Brick Marketplace--too crowded, touristy and I hate places with menus that go on for pages. I like the idea of Tallulah's but that's dinner only (and pricey).

Any suggestions for some place interesting with good soups sandwiches salads or mains (but not seafood only places) for Friday and Saturday lunches?

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
502 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Lunch In Newport.

Pasta Beach at the corner of Memorial and Bellevue has great pasta, sandwiches, salads, etc. Le Petit Gourmet across from the viking hotel has a small menu that changes daily. It only has a few places to sit but you can get wine or beer next door and drink it there if you want or take stuff to go and have a picnic. Buskers is an Irish Pub on Thames that has good food. I like the Mooring but that is in the area you're trying to stay away from. Yesterday's is always solid and is off the wharves on Washington Sq.

I guess I don't do nice sit down lunches very often so I'm not sure which places are open for lunch.

Exeter, Rhode Island
Level Contributor
981 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lunch In Newport.

I just had lunch last Saturday at the Marina Cafe on Goat Island. I was in the mood to avoid the crowds of the weekend and I didn't feel like paying for parking. As a bonus, besides the free parking, I had a table with a nice view of the harbor while I was eating.

I had jerk chicken sandwich which was very good. Fries that came with it seemed like they were home made

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lunch In Newport.

We were in newport this past Tuesday. Bannister's wharf had some annoying construction going on which most likely will be done by the weekend.

Started out for the black pearl but the confusion inside was a turnoff. Ended up at the barking crab and enjoyed it and will go back. Spacious, organized and a pleasant wait staff.

Leonia
Level Contributor
111 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lunch In Newport.

Pero Salado is great but not sure if they're open for lunch...if so it is great. Bannisters wharf I like the clarke cooke house but you are avoiding that area. What about Atlantic Beach club?

Northeast us
Level Contributor
238 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Lunch In Newport.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

6. Re: Lunch In Newport.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2014, 06:17