We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions About Restaurants/Cruises

London, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Questions About Restaurants/Cruises

Few questions,

I am looking for a mid range restaurant, preferably with nice views that has a good vegetarian menu, for our first night we are going to Salvation Cafe but we need to accommodate one veggie, one vegan and two meat eaters and I'm struggling to find somewhere for night two!

I am looking to go on a cruise of the harbour, I'd like one that has a guide talking us through the sights, and runs in the afternoon/early evening - are there any companies that anyone reccomends?

What other things are a must see in the harbour area?

Cheers for the help in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Salvation Cafe
Salvation Cafe
340 Reviews
Newport, RI
Corner Cafe
££ - £££, American, Cafe
Restaurant Bouchard
££££, French, International, European
The Dining Room at Castle Hill Inn
££££, American, Seafood, Soups
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Newport
Level Contributor
1,109 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions About Restaurants/Cruises

HI Charlotte,

I try to eat vegetarian meals several times a week, and find that I can find options just about anywhere, from black bean burgers to dinner salads. Vegan is a lot harder. I found reference to just a few on Yelp

http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=Vegan&find_loc=Newport%2C+RI

Most restaurants have menus online.

Providence has a lot of vegan-friendly restaurants. Narragansett has one that I know of, Crazy Burger. It's very small and very good and has a long wait all summer.

Good luck and have a great trip!

Mentioned in this post
Charlotte
Charlotte
North Carolina
Newport
Newport
Rhode Island
Providence
Providence
Rhode Island
Narragansett
Narragansett
South County, RI
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Newport
Level Contributor
1,109 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions About Restaurants/Cruises

Oh and about your harbor cruise... Great idea, by the way! When you get to the harbor area vendors have booths set up throughout selling them. Motor vs sail: motor might go further and see more. May also be more comfortable seating. But you may also smell diesel fumes.

Sail tours are often on vintage vessels and seating is wherever you find it, on the bulkheads or wherever. Given Newport's historical character these are a good choice. I've never taken one in RI but have in other places. Adirondack II and the Madeline get good reviews. Some serve food and drink and some allow you to bring your own picnics and wine with you. I think it's Sightsailor that has that option.

3. Re: Questions About Restaurants/Cruises

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2014, 05:17