We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

meeting spot

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,730 posts
256 reviews
Save Topic
meeting spot

Hi all. I'm planning on meeting my mom in Newport tomorrow (19th). I'm coming from the south shore of MA and she's coming from the cape. Neither of us have ever driven to Newport. Where would be a good spot for us to meet up and then park one car for the day?

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
515 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: meeting spot

There's a shopping center with a Home Depot about a mile and a half before you get to newport on 114. That would be a good spot

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: meeting spot

Are you just in Newport for the day? If so then maybe meet more around where 24 and 195 overlap.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,730 posts
256 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: meeting spot

Yes, just for the day. My mom isn't great with directions. I think the home depot idea will work. Looks like it's not far off the high way. Hopefully my car won't get towed!

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: meeting spot

Always a possibility. I usually buy something cheap and leave the bag on the front seat and the receipt on the dash.

Jamestown, Rhode...
Level Contributor
938 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: meeting spot

Home Depot in Middletown would be perfect. I personally wouldn't leave my car in some lot in the Fall River area. Have a nice day, it looks to be a good one.

Edited: 19 August 2013, 13:20
Newport, Rhode...
Destination Expert
for Newport, Providence
Level Contributor
2,378 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: meeting spot

There is a Park and Ride just off the exit in Tiverton on Rt 24.....easy on easy off.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,730 posts
256 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: meeting spot

Thank you everyone. It was a beautiful day in Newport. Wish I had more time but had to get back.

8. Re: meeting spot

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2014, 06:23
Get answers to your questions about Newport