We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Newport to Port Judith

New Jersey
Level Contributor
218 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
From Newport to Port Judith

Does anyone know the name of the town that Port Judith is located in? I am trying to map out the distance and time it would take to go and take the ferry from there to Block Island. I hear the one in Newport is around 2 hours and wonder if it's better to go to PJ.

Thanks

Newport, Rhode...
Level Contributor
125 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: From Newport to Port Judith

The port is Gallilee. It will take a good half hour to drive there from there from Npt. The Npt ferry trip is more scenic.

Westerly, Rhode...
Level Contributor
614 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Newport to Port Judith

You mean Point Judith, and as the previous poster said, the ferry really leaves from Galilee. Both Point Judith and Galilee are included in the town of Narragansett. I you factor in the 1/2 hour drive from Newport, I don't think it's going to save you much, if any time, to go from Galilee, plus there's a $2 toll to go over the Newport (Pell) bridge if you don't have a token.

3. Re: From Newport to Port Judith

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2009, 01:18
Get answers to your questions about Newport
Recent Conversations