We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public Parking in Waikiki?

Raymond Terrace...
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Public Parking in Waikiki?

I'll be renting a car during my visit in June and need to find public parking, as the hotel I'm staying at doesn't offer parking. I have looked at a variety of websites but the information isn't very helpful. I have noticed that the Aston Pacific Monarch (across the road from where I'm staying) has car parking, but it's unclear whether it's reserved specifically for guests or if it's a public car park. Does anyone know? I'm looking for somewhere that ideally provides at least a weekly rate so that I don't have to keep paying every time I drive in or out. I'm not sure what my plans will be at present so there may be days where I don't drive at all (which is why I'm looking for a weekly or monthly rate so I don't incur extra fees for not paying the daily rate). Any info appreciated.

22 replies to this topic
Maui
Level Contributor
70,164 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public Parking in Waikiki?

Vicki,

If you look at the page I posted in your other thread:

…parkopedia.com/parking/…

you'll see a ton of options on the right you can scroll through-even street parking.

Raymond Terrace...
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public Parking in Waikiki?

Thank you. Not convinced the Parkopedia website is very up-to-date ...

Maui
Level Contributor
70,164 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public Parking in Waikiki?

Vicki, it is prob missing some info/updates--but it's a good place to start! I like that for visitors, it has the map and many places marked, so they can see where parking is in relation to their lodging. I think it's more up to date than most articles and stuff-but of course, prices do change.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
52,211 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Public Parking in Waikiki?

Take a look at the Top Questions on the right hand side of this page. Click on Parking Fees for Waikiki Hotels. There is some info for alternative parking. You will have to use the full site if on a mobile device to see the questions.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
68 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Public Parking in Waikiki?

The parking issue isn't one I've found an answer to so I've just rented a car for a few days and copped the $38/day plus tips valet service at the hotel. Some suggest looking for a spot on ala wai but it's tough as much of it is residential, I've been lucky on Saratoga but it's limited, the military car park near fort de Russy offers a monthly rate but I've never been lucky enough to stay for a month. Even the free parking near the zoo is now metered. Good luck!

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
28,390 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Public Parking in Waikiki?

I would call or email to ask if it's possible to pay for the next day in advance.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Public Parking in Waikiki?

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60982…

Raymond Terrace...
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Public Parking in Waikiki?

Fishdiva thanks but I've already found information on parking fees for Waikiki hotels. Found lots of stuff actually, and most of it is contradictory (as in one website being totally different in prices to another). According to the Waikiki Banyan's website (info posted in 2015) they only offer monthly parking at $180/month. I have also contacted the hotel directly for confirmation of this information. Not really looking for free or cheap - I'm happy to pay - just want recent relevant information.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
52,211 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Public Parking in Waikiki?

That post is a year old!! January 2017!!

Bayonne, France
Level Contributor
11,349 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Public Parking in Waikiki?

Right next to the Royal Grove Hotel on the diamond head side is the Kuhio Village.....

They have a public parking garage in the basement of the building accessed via a ramp down from Prince Edward Street at the far end of the complex.

Prince Edward Street is the one which runs behind the Royal Grove.

It has been some time since I parked there, but it was always relatively inexpensive (perhaps even cheap).

I used to have a unit there and parked in the garage and even used it to park for the day when going to Waikiki Beach.

You paid into a box for the time you were there, with no in & out privileges.

Worth checking out.

You can see it on Google Street View.

Reply to: Public Parking in Waikiki?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted