We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking near Hilton Waikiki Village

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Parking near Hilton Waikiki Village

Hi there, my family of 8 will be staying at the hilton village area. We will probably be renting some sort of mini van for the week. Since we splurged on staying at the hotel already, would love to save a little money on parking. Does anyone have any suggestions on where we can park for the week? that is less that $39/day? Thanks so much!

11 replies to this topic
Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
271 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking near Hilton Waikiki Village

Wailana Coffee Shop underground parking @ about $25 overnight only. High rise building basement parking stalls/limited overnight hours.

Outdoor pay lot near the Marina/HHV lagoon 10hr overnight allowed at 1or 2 dollars an hour. That one is close but open with no security and some homeless vans move in at night. Not that there is any thing wrong with that. I've seen both those lots full. I refused to park next to a homeless van once. that was the only spot left. It is not a dangerous area. I'm just describing what I've seen. I park at this lot frequently.

Others, including you, may see it differently, but I myself do not think it is worth the uncertainties. You are on vacation and you want to assure your family a smooth trouble free vacation. Issues with the van or the hassle of parking may cause anxiety for everyone. The money you save is the difference in cost. 39 -25 = 14 savings. It's tempting but I would rather be able to sleep soundly and not worry about the van and having to get up and retrieve it in the morning and then go park it at night.

I'm sure you will make the right decision for you.

Good Luck

Edited: 04 August 2017, 09:20
Mentioned in this post
Wailana Coffee House
Wailana Coffee House
1,894 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,252 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking near Hilton Waikiki Village

That's the closest and cheapest one. (lagoon)

You can take a look at the Top Question on parking for lists of other options.

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,252 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking near Hilton Waikiki Village

Here is the link:

https:/…Parking.Fees.And.Resort.Fees.html

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,829 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking near Hilton Waikiki Village

Do you really want to rent a vehicle for the week.

Most everything is within walking distance.

You could rent for a day to go around the island.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking near Hilton Waikiki Village

Unless you are REALLY in need of a vehicle, I agree with #4. What are you intending to use it for?

California
Level Contributor
861 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking near Hilton Waikiki Village

I'll step in on the side of renting a vehicle for the entire time. It's so much easier to pick up a rental vehicle at the airport and return it to the same location when you leave. You won't have to deal with a taxi or uber (which can be expensive with a family of 8). I totally understand that vacations are expensive... there's no getting around that. I just factor the cost of parking into my vacation budget. When you have a rental car you can be more spontaneous with your sight seeing...

Have a great vacation... enjoy Oahu...all of it.

Mentioned in this post
Oahu
Oahu
Hawaii
Lagrangeville, NY
Level Contributor
2,970 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking near Hilton Waikiki Village

The Ilikai Marina used to offer $7 for 10 hours overnight parking a couple of years ago. Don't know if they still do it.

I was contemplating using that parking overnight on one of our trips since we typically are out and about during the day anyway so the car would not be sitting at the hotel parking; but my husband informed me that for our 2 weeks trip I would have to drop him off at the hotel, drive over to park, walk back to hotel, then next morning walk to pick up car, and drive to hotel to pick him up. Well, that killed that idea!

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,252 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Parking near Hilton Waikiki Village

I bet!

The fee doesn't seem *quite* so bad if you're the one who would be the "designated retriever" the whole trip.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Parking near Hilton Waikiki Village

We ended up parking at the Marina parking garage for $20 for 24 hrs. And if anyone is curious, they really don't care if you are staying at the "listed" hotels or not. You tell them you are going park there for however many days then you prepay for that and off you go. The walk from the parking garage to the hotel is only about 10 mins. It's close by but after a full day out, it feels pretty far. But then again, it's half the cost of parking at the Hilton! Thanks everyone for your advice!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,796 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Parking near Hilton Waikiki Village

Wailana coffee shop and the lot above outback/red lobster is $25 till 8am. The outdoor overnight harbor lot is $2 per hour or $16-20. Personally I'd pay a bit more and park someone else car in the parking garage not out in the open at the harbor.

Personally I'd rent a car for 3 maybe 4 days tops. One day north shore, one day south shore and Kailua, one day for activities(diamond head, manoa falls, Arizona, etc...etc.. On the 4th day you could make one last trip to the north shore or any other places that you liked.

Edited: 18 September 2017, 21:25
Mentioned in this post
Wailana Coffee House
Wailana Coffee House
1,894 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Kailua-Kona
Kailua-Kona
Island of Hawaii, HI
Reply to: Parking near Hilton Waikiki Village
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted