We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage storage in Honolulu

Ottawa, Canada
2 posts
2 reviews
Luggage storage in Honolulu

Hi! My friend and I will be stopping in Honolulu on our way to Perth Australia where we will be moving. I was wondering if anyone knew of a cheap way to store some extra luggage for 1-2 weeks so we don't have to treck it around while we're backpacking the island(s). I found the one offered by the airport (https://www.baggagestoragehawaii.com/) but it seems a bit pricey for long-term storage. Also, it seems as though they only offer storage for smaller items.

Thanks for your help and recommendations! Also, any other tips on traveling Hawaii on a budget would be greatly appreciated!

3 replies to this topic
Maui
Level Contributor
71,162 posts
18 reviews
1. Re: Luggage storage in Honolulu

Welcome! When is this happening?

You should know that backpacking and camping all over Hawaii is limited and normally requires permits for campgrounds. Each island is different, but you should do research. Also, flying between islands is expensive--and then you have the added cost of rental cars on each island. The islands are larger than you may think, and 1 or 2 weeks is **not** enough to really see them all.

I'd find a cheap place to stay on Oahu and just explore it. Plenty to see and do, and then you'd have a "home" too.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Level Contributor
52,717 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Luggage storage in Honolulu

Probably the cheapest route would be to get the smallest storage unit at a self storage place. Also take a look at Aloha Airport Delivery and Storage.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,871 posts
321 reviews
3. Re: Luggage storage in Honolulu

If you do not need your stuff while in Hawaii, perhaps you could have it shipped to Perth

Reply to: Luggage storage in Honolulu
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted