We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help. Waikiki hotels..Beach Tower, Hyatt, or Outrigger...

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Michigan
Level Contributor
405 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help. Waikiki hotels..Beach Tower, Hyatt, or Outrigger...

I thought I was all set for staying at the Aston Beach Tower(condo) not to be confused with all the other Astons. But am having second thoughts to go with either 2 rooms at Hyatt or Outrigger Waikiki becasue they are closer to center of action for older kids and outrigger is directly on beach. Would appreciate comments on these 3 hotels. Thanks

Seattle
12 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help. Waikiki hotels..Beach Tower, Hyatt, or Outrigger...

Hey Bidsix, I just made a post on the other thread about the Tower... will paste here as well.

Aston Waikiki Beach Tower

wizardpub.com/oahu/orwaikikibeachtoweraston.…

We stayed at the Tower last sept/oct. We really loved it, but so far that has been our only hotel experience in waikiki.

We had a 1 bedroom, about midway up the tower with full ocean view. The place was very spacious. It had a full kitchen, a decent size bedroom, one bathroom, and a washer/dryer in the unit (that was great). And although it looks like a huge hotel, there are only about 4 rooms per floor, so we didn't have to deal with large crowds, or long waits on the elevator.

There are not alot of amenities at the hotel itself. But the staff was very helpful and very nice. And if renting a car, parking is FREE for guests. And the times we went out to other places, came back with a dirty sandy car, the next time we picked up the car, it was cleaned and vacuumed out.

If you take a look at the aerial pic from the link above, you can see some green on the right side (looking at) of the Circle hotel... that is a covered walkway from the Tower hotel to the becah.

As far as location, we had no problem heading up to the other shops and places, but yes it is further down from a central location.

hope this helps some.

Michigan
Level Contributor
405 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Help. Waikiki hotels..Beach Tower, Hyatt, or Outrigger...

Thanks jimmcc,

I am looking at the aerial view and see some green, but it doesnt look like it crosses a road. Are you saying that there is a walkway from the hotel right to the beachside?

Seattle
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help. Waikiki hotels..Beach Tower, Hyatt, or Outrigger...

sorry, not RIGHT to the beach... still have to cross the road.

but since the hotel sits back a little, when arriving, there is only the drive up entrance on the side street, so this walkway provides a more direct route to the beach, instead of going to the side street.

Chesterfield, Mich.
Level Contributor
3,605 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help. Waikiki hotels..Beach Tower, Hyatt, or Outrigger...

Bidsix, I was just catching up on the other thread...and saw this new one. OK, how are you coming out price wise, or is it not an issue? I know you will absolutely love the Outrigger! The convenience of its location and being directly on the beach, are such pluses. I know how you feel about being unsure of where to stay. I have gone through this for hotels on the other islands. Thankfully, I never even doubt where I'll stay in Waikiki, so it's not even a thought...always the Outrigger. One less thing to have to worry about!

Those of us who go to Hawaii just want everything to be right and to our satisfaction....and rightfully so...big money going there! And not just a few of us have said, "well we don't plan to be in our room a lot". But somehow we really do care about our room/hotel. At the end of each day when we are tired from all we have done, we want a nice place to go back to.

I'm an Outrigger poster-child! I love this place and have read so many good reviews on it. My husband and I, even after a long day, would go down to the lobby to Seattle's Best and get 2 coffees to go, and go sit in front of the hotel on the beach and just relax and enjoy such a wonderful spot. Or sometimes just walk the beach. Whoa, I think I am talking myself into going back!!!

I wish you luck on your decision. I think I'll go look at the wizardpub site and check on the Aston you are thinking about. First I'll go back and make sure I have the correct name.

Seattle
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Help. Waikiki hotels..Beach Tower, Hyatt, or Outrigger...

Outrigger Waikiki

Does this place have a kitchen?

Traveling as a family, I don't think I can do without a kitchen. Saved us a bundle by being able to cook in the room when we wanted. And especially sitting out on the balcony table and having coffee or breakfast.

But if you plan on eating out every meal, no need for a kitchen.

Chesterfield, Mich.
Level Contributor
3,605 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help. Waikiki hotels..Beach Tower, Hyatt, or Outrigger...

I am not 100% sure on the kitchens. It could be that some of the "high-end" rooms/suites have that availability.

www.outrigger.com There might be info there.

Michigan
Level Contributor
405 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Help. Waikiki hotels..Beach Tower, Hyatt, or Outrigger...

Patti- We got an excellent deal back in January on Aston Tower thru Travelocity. One of those deals where it is paid in full (but still refundable) Switching now to two rooms at Outrigger would costs another $600 for the 8 nights (i need 2 rooms). Plus parking is free at Tower. So, that would be anothre $100.

If you have Oahu Revealed both Outrigger and Tower are "real gems" I dont need to tell you about Outrigger, but it says Tower has gobs of room and expensively furnished, nice place for familes. Price is normally more expensive than Outrigger but by booking a "good buy" early on Travelocity I got it for less than 2 rooms at Outrigger.

My husband says just stay where we are and use $600+parking for an outing, but I am also thinking of my 4 kids, ages 16, 18, 22, 24, and I think they may like the action at the Outrigger and the fact of being on the beach. All reviews on Tower are 5 stars. Its just the fact that it is at the end of the strip and not directly on beach. I did book 2 rooms at Outrigger yesterday, since I do not get charged until I check in. This just gives me a little time to decide what I want to do.

Michigan
Level Contributor
405 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Help. Waikiki hotels..Beach Tower, Hyatt, or Outrigger...

further to last email.....

There are a lot of reviews on the "Circle hotel" , more than Tower, and the circle is right next door to tower. All reviews on Circle "great location" , "middle of action".. So, maybe tower will be ok for my teens/young adults. Perhaps it is only steps away from Outrigger. All those hotels seem to be on top of one another from the pictures. (I sound like i am talking myself into staying where I am)

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help. Waikiki hotels..Beach Tower, Hyatt, or Outrigger...

I think both the reviews by jimmcc and patte are pretty accurate, you will probably have more space in the wbt than you would with 2 outrigger rooms and the ocean view would be better and the kitchen with the frig would be a big plus with the boyz but the outrigger is the very heart of waikiki and really hops, but the walk is pretty minimal and walking in waikiki is part of the fun, I am sure your boys will walk up and down the beach a hundered times checking out the local scenery. I really think you would be happy with either one. Just make sure you do the following- surfing lessons, outrigger canoe ride, sail on the na hoku and hike diamondhead, and make sure those michigan boys put on sunscreen, I have seen alot of ruined trips with third degree burns. It would also be nice to clean them up for one evening and hit the royal hawaiian luau tell them a lot of cute girls will be there.

Chesterfield, Mich.
Level Contributor
3,605 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help. Waikiki hotels..Beach Tower, Hyatt, or Outrigger...

Bidsix, it sounds like the Aston Beach Tower is going to be more room and a better deal for you. It sounds very nice and I'm sure you'll be happy there.

Like one post said, do the outrigger canoe ride and you'll be right at the Outrigger so you can check it out for future reference. If this is your first Hawaii visit, it probably won't be your last! I've yet to hear of anyone who has gone there and didn't want to go back! Maybe one morning, go to Duke's at the Outrigger for their breakfast buffet. You could send the kids to the beach(right in front of you) and you and your husband can do breakfast. A year ago it was 10.99 per person, but someone mentioned that it has gone up in price...maybe 12.99. But we think its great.

Where do you live here in Michigan?