We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

16 Days to go!! Mahola To you ALL!

Starkville...
Level Contributor
64 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
16 Days to go!! Mahola To you ALL!

Just a "few" days til we arrive in Honolulu!! Thanks to this board, I have plans for a wonderful week on Waikiki with my two teens, and my sis and her two teens

Arrive by limo to the Outrigger, dinner at Duke's, doing a Luau, 1/2 day sightseeing, Snorkel at Hanauma Bay, Pearl Harbor, rent a car to the North Shore, Catamarin ride at sunset, etc.

Thanks to all the great contributors here, I have printed out tons of info on sights, tastes, the worst and the best!

Kudos to you all and I will add my "own two cents" when we return!!

Aloha!

Mentioned in this post
Honolulu
Honolulu
Oahu, HI
Waikiki
Waikiki
Oahu, HI
Hanauma Bay Tours
Hanauma Bay Tours
1,121 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Pearl Harbor Tours
Pearl Harbor Tours
151 Reviews
Oahu, HI
North Shore
North Shore
1,030 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
627 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 16 Days to go!! Mahola To you ALL!

Have a great trip, take lots of photographs, bring back plenty of memories, and I look forward to reading your trip reort.

Regards

John.

Orange County, CA
Level Contributor
338 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 16 Days to go!! Mahola To you ALL!

Sounds like we'll be doing a lot of the same things as you. We arrive in 35 days and are so anxious. Have a great time and I'm looking forward to reading your trip report!

Escanaba, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 16 Days to go!! Mahola To you ALL!

22 days and counting until our plane is scheduled to touch down at HNL

Cant wait!!

TG

Mentioned in this post
Idaho
Level Contributor
260 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 16 Days to go!! Mahola To you ALL!

Have a great time!

Word of warning from a native Mississippian-

Once you go, you are addicted!!!!

Best of luck!

Louisiana
Level Contributor
351 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 16 Days to go!! Mahola To you ALL!

Hey neighbor,

Have a wonderful trip. Looking forward to hearing trip report.

Let us know what the teens liked. Bring 2 teen boys for 1st time

in March.

Aloha!

WV
Level Contributor
192 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: 16 Days to go!! Mahola To you ALL!

Wow im so excited for you! im still 64 days out, i cant wait till im closer. I love this board, iv been planning in january and have asked a million questions, with almost all of them answered. My travel adj laughed at how im so prepared and plan ahead.

Anyway i noticed you said it was you and your sister and your teenagers. I thought id tell you my first time to oahu was about 6 years ago i went with my mom, sister, grandmother, aunt and her daughter. And i had the time of my life. I havent stoped talking about it since (which is why my b/f finally got tired of hearing about it and said we should go hahaha) i just know you and your family will have an amazing time!

have fun

Aloha

Mentioned in this post
Oahu
Oahu
Hawaii
Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
104 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 16 Days to go!! Mahola To you ALL!

I'm leaving in 9 days to go to Oahu to visit my sister. Yep, just me...am leaving behind husband and two girls. I'm sad about it but...

The original plans were to have a family reinuon in Hawaii with my father, mother, brother and his wife, my husband, and our two girls. However, those plans were nixed because my brother and his wife wouldn't be able to go because they just welcomed twin girls, and my mom and dad said it was too expensive to go in the summer, and my husband didn't really want to be on that long a flight, etc. etc... So, I said "Fine, I'll go by myself."

Anyway, I'll be there for two weeks and part of that time, my sister will be working, so I'll be on my own to sight see, etc.

I read somewhere that there's a trolley that you can take to see the sights...anyone know about this?

Mentioned in this post
Oahu
Oahu
Hawaii
Hawaii
Hawaii
United States
Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
1,199 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 16 Days to go!! Mahola To you ALL!

Jabinkley - looking forward to reading your trip report - we are flying out at the end of July for 10 nights with our teens.

Like you, we have received some fantastic advice from contributors to this forum. Let us know what particularly appealed to your teens as ours will want to be kept busy 24/7, they're not ones for sitting relaxing by the pool all day.

Hope you have a fantastic time !!

Seattle
Level Contributor
48,454 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 16 Days to go!! Mahola To you ALL!

Odymom- Waikiki area is easy to see on your own. I've seen the trollies around but don't know what's the story. I get around just on-foot and sometimes taking The Bus.

Mentioned in this post
Waikiki
Waikiki
Oahu, HI
Maryland
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: 16 Days to go!! Mahola To you ALL!

I just returned from 3 weeks in Hawaii and stayed in Kailua. Don't forget to see that beach. It's over the Pali hiway (61) and ends almost at the beach (turn right when you get to the end). It's a family friendly beach and it's where all the kite surfers are. The Hanauma Bay is closed on Tuesdays, and it's JAMMED by 10 am every day. So get there early or you won't be able to park. The car rentals are so cheap why don't you get a car for the week? Also, it is VERY hot there so don't forget your sunscreen. It's cooler on the windward side of the island. Have a great time!

Mentioned in this post
Hawaii
Hawaii
United States
Kailua-Kona
Kailua-Kona
Island of Hawaii, HI
Hanauma Bay Tours
Hanauma Bay Tours
1,121 Reviews
Oahu, HI