We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkelling

Australia
Level Contributor
267 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkelling

Can you hire snokelling equipment or should I bring mine from home? Or is it best to do a snorkelling tour?

sydney Australia
Level Contributor
871 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkelling

all of the above.

at Haunama Bay you can hire the stuff, also at some of the well known snorkelling beaches. But the quality of stuff is not as good as your own. if you have good gear and are at all fussy or need a good mask to stop leaks, (like me) bring your own, but leave the flippers at home. they take up a lot of room and you can do without them really.

if you want to hire and have a car then this place could be just what you want. they sell and hire too.

Snorkel Bob's Oahu

700 Kapahulu Avenue

Honolulu, Hawaii

(808) 735-7944

Snorkel Bob's Oahu is just outside Waikiki on the way to Haunama Bay at the corner of Date Ave. and Kapahulu Ave. All Islands, 8-5 Everyday.

Chicago
Level Contributor
491 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkelling

If you already have snorkel gear at home, bring your mask and snorkel and rent fins. Who knows if you'll find a mask to fit your face as well as the one you own. I also tend to think it's gross to use a rented snorkel, even if it's been cleaned. I don't know how well it's been cleaned or who has used it before, so I'd steer clear. The snorkel and mask shouldn't take up much room in your bag either.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,181 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkelling

I would bring my own from home. It doesn't take up that much space.

Australia
Level Contributor
267 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkelling

Thanks.

Humble, TX
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Snorkelling

Just returned from Oahu, we took our own but didn't check it before we arrived. We were able to rent some of the missing pieces, which I would prefer not to use a "used" mouthpiece or snorkel.

Anyway, I agree take your own snorkel and mask and rent the fins!!!!

6. Re: Snorkelling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 15:17