We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trip to Another Island?

Rochester, England
Level Contributor
53 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Day Trip to Another Island?

Please can you tell me if it is possible to take a day trip to one of the other islands, say The Big Island or Maui. Is there a boat from Oahu?

Thank you very much for your help.

Chesterfield, Mich.
Level Contributor
3,635 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Trip to Another Island?

Yes it is very possible. I don't know much about boat travel. However the 2 major inter-island airlines will get you to whichever island you'd like. The last I checked(couple of weeks ago) the airfare was mostly 38 dollars one way....so 76 round trip, per person. Good price.

You can look at :

www.hawaiianairlines.com

www.alohaairlines.com

You can find price by putting in the info such as from Oahu to wherever you want to go. Give a date close to what you think. It is pretty easy to navigate these websites.

You will also be able to see their time schedules.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Trip to Another Island?

Also check out pacificwings.com. The pacific wings express flights are $33 USD each way and the times might work for you. We booked OGG(Maui) to Molokai for $147USD return for two people. Flight times were good too, leaving us the whole day on Molokai.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
253 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day Trip to Another Island?

Yes it is possible to do a 1 day trip to another island.

You can book via the airline websites and its alright prices.

me and my partner went to the big island, and we did the volcano tour. Wasnt that spectacular maybe because there wasn't much lava but memorable to say the least, its a must at least once!

and taxi'd to nearest shopping center and back to Oahu in the afternoon.

So its doable!

=p

Rochester, England
Level Contributor
53 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day Trip to Another Island?

Thank you all very much for this information. It is most helpful.

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
20,748 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Day Trip to Another Island?

A lovey daytrip is Oahu to Kauai to take a helicopter tour, then drive around a bit before you return. Three airlines have commuter flights leaving just about every 30 minutes. These are like 'busses'!

If you don't choose Kauai, I'd stick to Maui. Big Island is huge and has so much more to see than just the volcano (which doesn't excite me -- poking around cinder cones and lava).

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
49 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day Trip to Another Island?

You might try www.Iflygo.com also

Rochester, England
Level Contributor
53 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day Trip to Another Island?

I really appreciate everybody who has taken time to respond. Thank you.

Fitchburg...
Level Contributor
653 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day Trip to Another Island?

do you have to book ahead, or can you just book when you get there? I havent planned every day out, so figured after a few days there we could pick a day? I mean it would be 1 or 2 days in advance, but would be once we get there? Can you still get the cheap $33-$47 interisland flights?

Ohio
Level Contributor
165 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day Trip to Another Island?

We are planning a trip to Maui, June 2008, for one week at the Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas. Would also like to visit Honolulu for a couple of days. If we book Saturday to Saturday, we could fly to Honolulu early Thursday and fly home on Saturday from Honolulu. We could rent our unit for two days for the cost of a hotel or possibly swap with another timeshare owner. Any thoughts?

10. Re: Day Trip to Another Island?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 07:21