We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Embassy Suites or on the beach hotel?

Az
Level Contributor
241 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Embassy Suites or on the beach hotel?

I am going to Oahu in April 08 and really like the look of the Embassy Suites. Does anyone know really how far of a walk it is to the beach or would I be better off at the Outrigger Reef or Outrigger Waikiki, or one of the other on the beach hotels. I am traveling with my husband and my 20 month baby. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,177 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Embassy Suites or on the beach hotel?

Embassy Suites is right across the road from Outrigger Reef. There is a beach access path between Outrigger Reef & Halekulani, so it will only be a minute or two walk to the beach.

On the Diamond Head end of Waikiki there are several condos like Resortquest Waikiki Sunset & Resortquest Waikiki Banyan. They are about 1 block from the beach. Safer beach for kids as there is a break wall that goes for about 4 blocks.

Waikiki is a strip about 2 miles long & 3-4 blocks wide, so no matter where you are in Waikiki, you are not far from the beach.

www.visit-oahu.com Free brochure. There are over 400 websites for lodging, restaurants, attractions in the brochure & on the site. Click on: OVB Yellow Pages

Lots of info:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29222-i37-k647862…

Maps of Waikiki hotels & condos:

driveguidemagazines.com/oahu_waikiki.html

spotlighthawaii.com/SpotlightPDF/WebMap/Oahu…

Seattle
Level Contributor
44,589 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Embassy Suites or on the beach hotel?

Agreeing with the post above, it's probably a 3 mins. walk max. to get to Waikiki beach. It's nearest the Fort de Russey end of the beach.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,578 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Embassy Suites or on the beach hotel?

I can see the advantages of staying at the Embassy Suites with a baby. Go for it!

Az
Level Contributor
241 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Embassy Suites or on the beach hotel?

Thanks for everyones input! I am still undecided! I keep going back and forth between Embassy Suites, Resortquest wakiki beach, outrigger reef & outrigger wakiki..

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,578 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Embassy Suites or on the beach hotel?

I've stayed at a number of Embassy Suites -- and really appreciate the extra space - large bathrooms -- two open bedrooms, dining area, etc. And the free breakfast! Made to order. Stuff you can feed a toddler. This will really save you time and money. Awfully convenient. Nice location -- on the new beachwalk. Heck, I may stay there myself!

The Outrigger Waikiki is also a great location -- but it can get noisy with Duke's in the building ...

Seattle
Level Contributor
44,589 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Embassy Suites or on the beach hotel?

I've only walked thru Outrigger Reef (many many times), it didn't look all that special to me. Just a regular large tourist hotel.

Embassy Suites was just recently built, right?

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,102 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Embassy Suites or on the beach hotel?

I have stayed at the Reef and the Outrigger Wakiki. I vote for Embassy Suites with a child.

Pool at Outrigger Waikiki is cold and is all one depth, DEEP. Pool is small. Pool at Reef is better, but found hotel noisey and rooms very blah and small.

With a young child we always elected to stay places with kittchenette , kids get cranky, they want juice and a snack when they want it, and the extra room at the Suites seems like a better idea to me with a toddler.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,978 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Embassy Suites or on the beach hotel?

I stayed at the Halekulani across the street from the Embassy Suites and I was very impressed by the hotel and the new shopping center it sits on top of. Given a choice between the Embassy Suites and the Outrigger Reef, I would go for the Embassy Suites based on it's newness and the center it sits on.

9. Re: Embassy Suites or on the beach hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 05:23