We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach or Embassy Suites?

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Level Contributor
414 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach or Embassy Suites?

We are a family visiting next spring and need two rooms. I have narrowed it down to the above two. They are both in the same price range - the Outrigger rooms have partial ocean view and the Embassy Suites is a 2 bedroom suite. The only difference I can see is the Embassy offers breakfast BUT the Outrigger is right on the beach and closer to the main part of Waikiki.

Any suggestions would be appreciated! We are first time visitors. Thanks!

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,275 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach or Embassy Suites?

Outrigger is at a wonderful location ... and there are two great places to eat breakfast right on site - Hula Grill and Dukes.

That being said, please do a search on Embassy Suites. I have stayed in their hotels all over the country -- and the 2 room suite set up is great! Even two TVs. Breakfast is handy and has a full range of items to choose from. I have not visited the hotel in Waikiki - but it is in the renovated Beach Walk area very close to the water -- great restaurants, etc. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
50,874 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach or Embassy Suites?

The Embassy Suites is brand new, great area, but it is hard to beat being on the beach.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
38,881 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach or Embassy Suites?

Just returned from the Outrigger where we upgraded from a Side Ocean View to 16th Floor (of 17) Full Front Ocean View. 180 Deg panorama along the beach all along to Diamond Head and directly facing the glorious sunsets. Looking down 16 floors to giant turtles rising to feed on the reefs about 5 metres from shore while sipping your G&T - Priceless!

Louisiana
Level Contributor
348 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach or Embassy Suites?

Location, Location, Location, I think of your two choices you would appreciate the Outrigger,

Nothing compares to breakfast at Dukes (the open air

restaurant on the beach).

I am such the budget shopper/planner for our trips and Outrigger is soooo worth the money.

Have a great time.!!

Aloha!

Maryland
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach or Embassy Suites?

You might also want to consider newly renovated Moana Surfrider, right next door to the Outrigger. Surfrider is also right on the beach.

Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
1,602 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach or Embassy Suites?

We stayed at the Outrigger Waikiki last summer and loved it. The location is the BEST!! That would be my choice.

central IL
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach or Embassy Suites?

Being a first time visitor, I would definately reccomend a beachfront property. The Embassy suites is about 1/2 a block away from the beach & is within walking distance to everything in Waikiki, but the Outrigger Waikiki,especially with the recent renovations would be ideal, across from the international market place & very central.

8. Re: Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach or Embassy Suites?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 16:18